Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everybody
    It's been a week that I discover this forum and I find it quite interesting and so I just registered.
    Now exams are over (finished at 26 with physics aea) and I am planning for holidays.
    What do you plan for the summer? Any trip, spend it with family or friends? I would like to hear you!

Love
    XPANDER

ReputationRep:
    I've got 10/11 weeks before 6th form enrollment.

No plans inparticular, and I went away to Tenerife just before the exams so not going on holiday. Might be going to the coast with a few mates for a weekend or two though.
    At the moment I'm just relaxing, enjoying time off and looking for a job!
    Applied at Sainsburys, Waitrose etc. and so far Waitrose shows promise...we'll see.

Anyone got any tips on getting my first job?

ReputationRep:
    just relax and take it easy, and be yourself, and you will go far!

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Xpander
    Hello everybody
    It's been a week that I discover this forum and I find it quite interesting and so I just registered.
    Now exams are over (finished at 26 with physics aea) and I am planning for holidays.
    What do you plan for the summer? Any trip, spend it with family or friends?
    Well I held a party at mine last night, to further celebrate finishing - we had been out on Thursday, the night of everyones finish at our place 6th form, but when ma Dad said he was off out with the Mrs for the night, and wasn't getting back till early this morning, there was no question that a party was in order.

Other than that, theres two 18th birthday parties that will happen next month, as well as my Grandads 70th.

August, firstly the obvious, 14th RESULTS.

Then:

15th Wedding
    16th Wedding Reception
    17th 9.30 AM - Leave for Manchester Airport to fly to fortnight's holiday to Florida, with the family (for the 3rd time!).

In the gaps where not much is happening, I'll either familiarise myself further with my bed; will definatly watch the end of Wimbledon, and most likely do some cycling around the East Midlands/South Yorkshire.

ReputationRep:
    Goin on holiday to Oz for 4 weeks on the 21st August, and in between then and now i'll earn some money, make a snowboard and hopefully get to work restoring an old MGB.

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Xpander
    Hello everybody
    What do you plan for the summer? Any trip, spend it with family or friends? I would like to hear you!

Love
    XPANDER
    I've just finished my exams and I now have a gap year to look forward to, on top of the standard summer hols. I haven't planned anything, as I had just intended to relax. Fired off a few job applications though... I don't think I could just sit around doing nothing all year. I'd go mad watching Kilroy every day...

Apart from working, I'm hoping to get myself a band together. Just a bassist short now, although the drummer isn't certain yet. Making music and gigging doesn't sound like a bad use of a gap year to me :-)

ReputationRep:
    Am working mostly but there's a few birthday parties. Our sixth form leavers do is on Wednesday which shud be good. Am off to Majorca with family and then to cornwall with my friends. Bet we all fall out and are glad to see the backs of each other before we start uni!!!

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow - going to Germany - Hannover
    9th July - Going to place North of Hannover
    12th July - Going to Berlin
    15th July -Going to Munich
    25th July - Going to Hamburg

1 Week in Sweeden (piss up with mates)
    2 Weeks in Greece (the family thing - will still be a piss up though)
    2 Weeks touring the UK getting smashed in any city where I know that someone will give me (and 3 mates) a bed for the night (anyone with a spare couch/ bed / floor / bathtub please come forward).

ReputationRep:
    im off on holiday with my friends to gran canaria-yay! then im off with my family to greece. I cant wait!

Staying at home.

Staying at home.

Oops, double post :/.

ReputationRep:
    San Antonio, Ibiza with my best buds... I'm sure it will be a drunken delight.

ReputationRep:
    Working full time at tesco to help pay extortionate exeter uni accommodation fees. Oh and maybe a week in Norfolk.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.