The Student Room Group

Medicine abroad

Hello!

Thinking of studying Medicine.
I am currently on a nursing course, second year student of the Uni of Manchester. Have already got a 2:1 degree in banking and finance. Have done an Access course to Health Science (A Levels), finished with distinctions. Didn't have Chemistry as a module though and this worries me.
Could anyone recommend me good universities out of the UK with low fees, approved by WHO and GMC and where they don't need Chemistry on admission please.
Not sure whether I should drop off the course right now or finish it and then apply for Medicine with Nusring degree.
Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Thanks!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by kiesik
Hello!

Thinking of studying Medicine.
I am currently on a nursing course, second year student of the Uni of Manchester. Have already got a 2:1 degree in banking and finance. Have done an Access course to Health Science (A Levels), finished with distinctions. Didn't have Chemistry as a module though and this worries me.
Could anyone recommend me good universities out of the UK with low fees, approved by WHO and GMC and where they don't need Chemistry on admission please.
Not sure whether I should drop off the course right now or finish it and then apply for Medicine with Nusring degree.
Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Thanks!

This is something you're just going to have to approach individual universities about, I'm afraid. I don't think anyone here will be able to tell you anything of use. I rather suspect that very few foreign med schools will recognise Access to HE as having any value, unfortunately, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I think that there are a few where an entrance exam counts for a lot, so that might be a key thing to look into?
Reply 2
Thank you for the reply.
Well there are a number of medical schools in places like Malta and the Czech Republic that offer medicine taught in English. I'd personally do everything humanely possible to avoid these schools - I don't know anything about them, so I may be being very unfair, but they seem more like money making schemes for applicants unable to get into British schools. Afaik you can apply to the foundation programme though. I have no idea how clinicals work? A translator perhaps?

Obviously in the EU there are plenty of high end med schools in Germany, Sweden, France etc but that'd require fluency in the respective language.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending