EllaJenkinson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
What do people think about Nick Carraway? Is he reliable? Is he actually obsessed with Gatsby? In love with him? There's so much ambiguity and I want to see what other people think!
sufferin succotash
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Did always think he seemed a little gay for him, there's a line where he says something like "any thing is possible, even Gatsby is possible" From memory. not sure what that implies but it does raise an eyebrow but his character is quirky.
Fav book !

Posted from TSR Mobile
LumosNox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
http://journals.hil.unb.ca/index.php...le/14120/15202

This article on Google Scholar goes into this and I think it's quite interesting. It really looks at the comparison between Tom and Gatsby, examining the strange way that Gatsby is exonerated whilst Tom is disapproved of by Nick. I'd recommend at least browsing it if this is an area you're interested in.

My own opinion is that Nick, whilst maybe he doesn't conventionally love Gatsby, does at least have more than platonic feelings for him. Though, perhaps the character has yet to realize this? It's mostly evident when Nick sees that Gatsby has "something gorgeous about him"...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (18)
8.74%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (125)
60.68%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (30)
14.56%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (29)
14.08%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (4)
1.94%

Watched Threads