The Student Room Group

Is there any one year course before university?

Hello,

I've completed Ict level 2 BTEC two years ago. I dropped college because of the problems in my life, I'm 19 years old now and am trying to find a one year course to complete ict level 3 BTEC. Is it possible to complete the course in a year instead of two? Because I cant find any courses like that. Can any one suggest something? Am prepared to pay money for course if needed.

Thank you.
I highly doubt that you could do it one year. Purely because it'd be extremely hard and extremely stressful to do 18 units in just one year. I'm on my first year of BTEC Applied Science Level 3 and I find it quite stressful at times, I couldn't imagine doing 18 units in one year.

Do the two year course, the time will fly by.
Reply 2
Original post by M1nt3
Hello,

I've completed Ict level 2 BTEC two years ago. I dropped college because of the problems in my life, I'm 19 years old now and am trying to find a one year course to complete ict level 3 BTEC. Is it possible to complete the course in a year instead of two? Because I cant find any courses like that. Can any one suggest something? Am prepared to pay money for course if needed.

Thank you.

Enquiring at a few sixth forms would be your best option, seeing as they would be the most likely to do such a thing with BTECs.
Original post by M1nt3
Hello,

Thank you.

Maybe you can get privately tutored for ICT BTEC or ICT A-level. Otherwise find an ICT Foundation Diploma course (not to be confused with a Foundation Degree course). A foundation course is good for before uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you did the first year of the BTEC IT Sub Diploma (6 units) that would equal one A Level.
Hmm.. Doing the first year of a diploma will give you a sub diploma. Assuming you get D* you could probably get onto a foundation year at some universities. If you could get a D* and relevant professional qualifications.. Then some universities might even allow you go onto the standard degree.

Let's say you had an interest in network (example)..If you were to get a D* alongside a CCNA (Proctored) then some universities would happily let you onto a degree. The above is EASILY doable.
Reply 6
Thank you guys!

I been think for a while now what to do because I had a long break from studies.. I guess the best option for me would be go back to colly and do one or two years more just to remind myself what does it mean to study.

I had an idea to try and study Computer Sciense (foundation) but then I thought if I wont find it interesting enough I will waste a lot of money and time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending