Has anyone ever achieved full, or almost full marks in an exam?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
cooldudehjhjwbjd
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Has anyone ever achieved full, or almost full marks in an exam? If so, please can you tell me how.

Thanks
jriches123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got full marks on the mathematics interview test at my local college. I took it to see how I would do on the Access to HE course. The first question was "Spell out the number 3462"
IFoundWonderland
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lots of past paper practice and learning the specification to a T.
scrunkie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have, all of my GCSE's were 100% bar Chinese (but that was hard AF, only got 92%). How I did it? I was just born really clever get it from my dad I think!
Ryanx623
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was one mark off full on my ICT GCSE, Just studying hard really.
lilliput.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got full marks in my PE mock exam!! PE's super easy though, it's basically just common sense.
SceneKid17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cooldudehjhjwbjd)
Has anyone ever achieved full, or almost full marks in an exam? If so, please can you tell me how.

Thanks
yeah in the AQA English lang mock too bad it was only a mock:mad:
zippity.doodah
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yeah - in 2 of my 4 A2 exams
and I got a lot of high 90%s (e.g. 98-95) in a ot of other exams
AdamCee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I haven't got full marks in anything but I did get full UMS on one of my science controlled assessments... But I think a lot of people do that anyway.

Also may get full UMS on my business CA, if the UMS boundaries move down a mark

But then they're controlled assessments not exams I guess
username1560589
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Thanks
Edexcel GCSE physics: P1, P2
AQA A-level maths/further maths: C4, FP1, M1 so far.

I've got almost full on a few others.
Smug Life
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
GCSEs: ICT, Chemistry Unit 1, Physics Unit 1.
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A few in Edexcel's Maths A-level modules. Probably the easiest subject to get 100 in the exam (no essays!)

Oh, the advice bit - just practice and do past papers and make sure you know the knowledge.
Griffin237
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Biology unit 3 and Physics unit 3 a few years ago,they were some of the easier papers i've ever done and the vast majority of my group either 100% it or got very close
Akashi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haven't done the entirety of my GCSE's but for the ones I have taken:
Achieved full marks in P1, P2, C2, Maths (not full, but really close), R.S and a few language units (Speaking, listening, reading mainly - these aren't too hard to get full but writing is a killer.

My advice, personally, I think it's better to understand whatever you're learning rather than just memorising it like many do. That way, regardless of the question, you should be able to answer it. Besides, getting full marks isn't necessary and doesn't really indicate anything significant about that person. Humans make mistakes and you will make mistakes in exams - however - if you're determined to achieve full marks then check your paper again at least twice and add anything you possibly can if you think it could get you a single mark. A lot of people capable of achieving full marks don't as they are able to finish the paper yet won't bother checking through it thoroughly.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
full ums economics a level, can confirm
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes in my english lit GCSE I got full UMS points in one of my exams, and the other one I dropped 1 mark but still got my A* in it, resulting in an A*. How I did it? a good english teacher throughout out the year, even though I thought I didn't listen to her, I guess I did!!!!! and maybe some luck (I only revised the day before!!!). Will this repeat for my As English lit exam ? F*** NO!!
Serine Soul
Badges: 18
Report 4 years ago
I got full marks in some GCSE Chemistry and Physics units.
cooldudehjhjwbjd
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Akashi)
Haven't done the entirety of my GCSE's but for the ones I have taken:
Achieved full marks in P1, P2, C2, Maths (not full, but really close), R.S and a few language units (Speaking, listening, reading mainly - these aren't too hard to get full but writing is a killer.

My advice, personally, I think it's better to understand whatever you're learning rather than just memorising it like many do. That way, regardless of the question, you should be able to answer it. Besides, getting full marks isn't necessary and doesn't really indicate anything significant about that person. Humans make mistakes and you will make mistakes in exams - however - if you're determined to achieve full marks then check your paper again at least twice and add anything you possibly can if you think it could get you a single mark. A lot of people capable of achieving full marks don't as they are able to finish the paper yet won't bother checking through it thoroughly.
Thanks, that was really helpful and it was the type of advice I was looking for.
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ye. Memorize the mark schemes. The questions are always repeated and all the answers have the same pattern.

I'd go as far to say that you don't need any text books depending on the subject. I hardly used any. Just memorized the mark schemes a couple days before each exam.
Akashi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks, that was really helpful and it was the type of advice I was looking for.
No problem.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (142)
30.15%
No (329)
69.85%

Watched Threads