tobeobi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I was just wondering for the 12 mark questions are you allowed to only talk about one study for AO1 and then for AO2 talk about its strengths and weaknesses? For example if i got a question like ''outline and evaluate research into cultural variations in attachment'' am I allowed to only talk about Takahashi?
hereticalpilgrim
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
you're allowed to talk about more than one study because the question talks about overall research into cultural variations and doesn't specify a particular study
tobeobi
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by hereticalpilgrim)
you're allowed to talk about more than one study because the question talks about overall research into cultural variations and doesn't specify a particular study
Thank you, but what if i only knew one study but in great detail?
charlie2466
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tobeobi)
I was just wondering for the 12 mark questions are you allowed to only talk about one study for AO1 and then for AO2 talk about its strengths and weaknesses? For example if i got a question like ''outline and evaluate research into cultural variations in attachment'' am I allowed to only talk about Takahashi?
If you look at the mark schemes it says you can talk about one in great detail or a few in lesser detail. The only time when you can only talk about one is if it specifies like'outline ONE study into...'
hereticalpilgrim
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tobeobi)
Thank you, but what if i only knew one study but in great detail?
then one study should be fine if you know it well!
Mage-teach
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Generally one study in detail is fine, but if you get a question on cross cultural attachments you have to talk about more than one, otherwise you are not comparing cultures. So if you discussed Takahashi you would also need to mention the original Ainsworth study or the van Ijzendoorn meta analysis. HTH
Cal-lum
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
outline two studies
evaluate/compare the two studies
izziecoleman
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
you need to know 2 studies ( for cross cultural Takahashi 1990 and Van Ijzendoorn and kroonenberg 1988) the evaluate them ( 3 points overall )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (576)
34.45%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (687)
41.09%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (334)
19.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.49%

Watched Threads