Maggie12345
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I need advice as im very confused about the btecs grading system. I am currently studying level 3 health and social care btec.. And the course is 2 years which equals to 3 a levels.. Id like to go to uni.. With overall grades DDM. For the first year I've only focused on the passes because i had other things happening in life, stress related and work!!! I was wondering if anybody knew if its still possible for me to get a DDM if i push myself for Distinctions? Because i dont want to waste time if thats no longer possible ((
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How many units have you completed and to what grades?

Then I'll work out what your maximum possible grade is
Maggie12345
Rep:
?
I only completed 4 units with a Pass which are unit 1, 2, 3 and 4. The rest of the units im working towards Distinction which will be unit 5, 7 and 8 this year. Oh and unit 6!! But as a class we only did the passes but its a PPD unit so it runs till next year too so ill focus on the distinctions with that too!
yt7777
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Maggie12345)
I only completed 4 units with a Pass which are unit 1, 2, 3 and 4. The rest of the units im working towards Distinction which will be unit 5, 7 and 8 this year. Oh and unit 6!! But as a class we only did the passes but its a PPD unit so it runs till next year too so ill focus on the distinctions with that too!
Is it a BTEC subsidiary diploma?

If so it must add up to 60 credits, usually the units are 10 credits but you must be doing 4 10 credits and 4 5 credit ones?

I need to know which are the 5 credit ones to work out your grade as they are worth half the points of a normal unit, you can find out the unit credit values by looking at the course bank on the edexcel website
Maggie12345
Rep:
?
I know that unit 7 and 8 are worth 5 credits
yt7777
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Maggie12345)
I know that unit 7 and 8 are worth 5 credits
Okay well that means there must be another 2 that are 5 credits if you find out what ones they are and if you already have grades what they are then I can work it out
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (263)
61.45%
Yes- I don't like it (20)
4.67%
No- I want it (114)
26.64%
No- I don't want it (31)