Is the university or the course more important?

Watch
charlouise_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have to firm a uni choice soon and i'm stuck! My choices are either Warwick, which is one of the best univeristies in the country with a really busy atmosphere but it's to do English and Theatre Studies. My other choice is Royal Holloway which is not quite as recognised and a quieter university but it is to do my preferred subject of English and Film. Which should I prioritise?!
Keke000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You would be very stupid to pass up Warwick
cherryred90s
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If it were me, I'd go for Royal Holloway. Ive been there, its a good uni with great facilities AND its the course you want to do?? would make more sense to go for a course you actually want to do rather than settle for something different just because its at a more prestigious uni.
VannR
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have personally passed up Warwick for Royal Holloway for Computer Science, purely on the grounds that I love the course and campus, with very strong international links (important to me) and research in fields that I am interested in. I am looking at quantitative finance as an initial profession, and though Warwick has one of the best mathematics departments in the country, my specific requirements are better served by Royal Holloway.

You should also note that the English department at RHUL ranks at 15, with Warwick at 9, according to CUG. RHUL has one of the best English departments in the country and it does the course you would actually prefer to do. I think you may have your answer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (32)
31.68%
No - I have already returned home (10)
9.9%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (23)
22.77%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (7)
6.93%
No - I live at home during term anyway (29)
28.71%

Watched Threads