SoccerSarah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys,

I'm studying English Lit AQA B and really need an A or an A* in the exam - any tips for revision and writing essays?

We don't have the best teachers in the world and it's difficult - people from other schools are doing criticism about the characters and we haven't done any of that?! What's that about, and do you need it? We've never heard any of that.

I'm really panicking. We are doing the gothic genres paper and our texts are Doctor Faustus, Frankenstein, The White Devil and The Bloody Chamber.

Also resitting AS and doing Kite Runner, Gatsby, Rossetti and Browning. Any tips would be hugely appreciated as I'm not great at this subject!!!!
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SoccerSarah)
Hi guys,

I'm studying English Lit AQA B and really need an A or an A* in the exam - any tips for revision and writing essays?

We don't have the best teachers in the world and it's difficult - people from other schools are doing criticism about the characters and we haven't done any of that?! What's that about, and do you need it? We've never heard any of that.

I'm really panicking. We are doing the gothic genres paper and our texts are Doctor Faustus, Frankenstein, The White Devil and The Bloody Chamber.

Also resitting AS and doing Kite Runner, Gatsby, Rossetti and Browning. Any tips would be hugely appreciated as I'm not great at this subject!!!!
Heya, I'm going to put this in the English forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=82
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (28)
5.7%
Uncertainty around my education (56)
11.41%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (57)
11.61%
Lack of purpose or motivation (66)
13.44%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (27)
5.5%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (21)
4.28%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (52)
10.59%
Financial worries (29)
5.91%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (20)
4.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (32)
6.52%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (14)
2.85%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (48)
9.78%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (41)
8.35%

Watched Threads