Zack_1997
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
How early did you start revising for your AS exams?
Protoxylic
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Revising is all encompassing at A-Level, I forgot when I began. The earlier you revise, (when you do it earlier it really just becomes recapping) the faster you can mature in your subject and read more outside the syllabus which is really important when it comes to applying to Oxbridge in particular. Personally it doesn't take much to learn the content, but drilling exam technique is the time consuming part of revision.
ThePrestigeUK
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I got AAAB last year and started revising in February

one exam, biology unit 1, I peaked way too early, in the mock I was 8 marks off full, this was a month before the exam, in the real exam, i scraped a B

This year for A2 i started revising at the start of April and i'm doing fine, by the end of May should be on A grade averages for all my a - levels a week before actual exams

Currently working at B's , 6 weeks before that stage

Whereas my friend who has a offer to study physics at cambridge, is already working at A*'s he started revision in September; my prediction and what I need is AAA so meh depends on what you want to do.
scrawlx101
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
march
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Beginning of April holidays last year was the start of ""formal"" revision, but I'd flicked through a couple of maths past papers in the January.
emu_neutrino
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
recapping and keeping on top of things throughout the year, starting to look at a past paper here and there before mocks in february, then in march doing 2 or so hours day, then at easter increasing to 4 or 5 hours a day. you dont want to burn out too fast though, like doing 8 or 9 hours a day 3 or 2 months before your exam is a bad idea. I only did maximum 4 hours a day from May onwards at AS and got AAAAA, but I kept a revision book throughout the year, revised for topic tests and did my homework and followed up on stuff I didn't understand, so really it was just recapping and doing past papers and if I did 3 a day or so it took me about 4 or 5 hours.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.63%
Note taking apps (7)
1.85%
Flashcards (86)
22.75%
Revision guides (19)
5.03%
Past papers (173)
45.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise