Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32328664

BBC live coverage

Labour leader Ed Miliband, UKIP's Nigel Farage, SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon, Leanne Wood of Plaid Cymru and the Greens' Natalie Bennett will take part. The debate starts at 8.

David Cameron and Nick Clegg will not, with the Lib Dems complaining about their omission from the debate.

So can the SNP build on their success at the last debate? Will Ed Miliband be pushed to the left by the anti-austerity parties? How will UKIP fair as the only right wing party present?

In an urgent update it appears the BBC have run out of biscuits

Thoughts?
    Feelings?
    Predicted Winner?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    5 Minutes....

I think Farage has a huge chance here, he will really stand out against the left wing parties. No doubt he is having a good day already after that huge donation.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    And their off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    X
    Whoever wins... we lose.

ReputationRep:
    I'm by no means an expert on politics, but surely Farage isn't qualified to be PM? He doesn't have a strong academic background like Miliband, for example

ReputationRep:
    Leanne Wood sounds so filthy. I'd love her to talk dirty to me in that accent. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Miliband: Balance and fairness.

I agree. You can't claim like the Greens that no cuts need to be made. On the other hand, the Tories would implement dangerous levels of cuts.

ReputationRep:
    Sturgeon is a hypocrite to lecture Ed on austerity

The SNP slashed the Further Education budget by 140,000 places

It also implemented a 100 million cut on the Scottish justice budget, underpending the grant by 100 million completely unnecessarily at a time when courts were closing for lack of money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisychain_)
    I'm by no means an expert on politics, but surely Farage isn't qualified to be PM? He doesn't have a strong academic background like Miliband, for example
    The only qualification for being PM is being the leader of the party that can command a majority and/or obtain a commission form the Queen to form a government

Ernie Bevan, one of our greatest Foreign Secretaries, left school at the age of 11 to go and work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Bevin
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by daisychain_)
    The qualities an pm needs are pretty abstract. John Major never went to university for example.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sturgeon has such an easy job. She has no right wing voters she needs to appeal to whereas Ed does.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent cross-talk between Miliband and Sturgeon.

Also, host keeps saying "We have to move on". Surely they should allow them to continue debating whilst there are still issues to be debated?

This housing question should be plus for Miliband; his plan to cap rent increases and give guaranteed 3 year tenancies

ReputationRep:
    snp/labour/green/plaid coalition!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Sturgeon has such an easy job. She has no right wing voters she needs to appeal to whereas Ed does.
    Bizarre comment.

The SNP has many small-c conservative members. The Labour Party does not.

The reason the SNP is doing well is because pretty much everyone who voted yes has changed their vote to SNP. Even though that's a minority of people, 45% under FPTP blows away the 55% unionist majority who are split between different parties

ReputationRep:
    i would not like to live on a brown field site

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lionheart96)
    i would not like to live on a brown field site
    Beggars can't be choosers.

ReputationRep:
    I found it very annoying when half the audience made an annoyed tone when Farage mentioned housing demand can be reduced via less migration.

I understand at times he places everything on immigration, but it's fairly ******* self-evident that if you have less people in a country you will need less houses and that makes sense. Clearly half the audience just watch scare stories in the media and think UKIP are all waycists.

I don't even support UKIP, but it's so stupid when people moan about logical points lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Harold)
    Beggars can't be choosers.
    good thing im not begging

ReputationRep:
    I'm left-wing, but Nige is right. They are hard left, they hissed when he brought up the effect of immigration on housing. If it was a representative audience, surely some people would clap? In fact, he's had no claps.

The audience is definitely rigged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    I found it very annoying when half the audience made an annoyed tone when Farage mentioned housing demand can be reduced via less migration.

I understand at times he places everything on immigration, but it's fairly ******* self-evident that if you have less people in a country you will need less houses and that makes sense. Clearly half the audience just watch scare stories in the media and think UKIP are all waycists.

I don't even support UKIP, but it's so stupid when people moan about logical points lol
    Agreed. I'm a Labour voter but the audience are obviously not a representative sample, there are no right-wingers there (not a single clap for Farage)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.