The Student Room Group

18, nearly finished year 1 of uni - never had a boyfriend?

I find this really embarrassing and shameful and i don't like telling anyone, unless my close fam/friends who already know. IM not ugly i've had boy interest but they all seem to be only interested in one thing. Ive fallen for some boys and had my feeling hurt its just sad that I've never had a guy to commit to me and really want me for me.. it seems all my other friends have. Ive had boys talk about me behind my back, saying about my lack of experience with relationships and that really hurt my feelings. I feel really lonely and i can get really down on it sometimes. :frown:

I was with this guy one night and he was telling me about his past relationship, and then asked me about mine and i was to embarrassed to even answer which i think he got annoyed at because i was just silent more or less. I think I'm that way because the guy i was currently talking to was talking to his friend (lol another guy i had a freshers thing with) about my lacking in boyfriend experience which made me feel so rubbish i cant even explain
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by HVM
I find this really embarrassing and shameful and i don't like telling anyone, unless my close fam/friends who already know. IM not ugly i've had boy interest but they all seem to be only interested in one thing. Ive fallen for some boys and had my feeling hurt its just sad that I've never had a guy to commit to me and really want me for me.. it seems all my other friends have. Ive had boys talk about me behind my back, saying about my lack of experience with relationships and that really hurt my feelings. I feel really lonely and i can get really down on it sometimes. :frown:

Hey, your only 18! you've got so much time, so don't be embarrassed! and that guy will show up and treat you how you deserve and appreciate you, your a person.

What course are you studying?
Original post by HVM

I'm exactly the same, but ended up getting myself into an awkward situation in which I told a guy I liked him and he ignored me...
But now I've realised that id rather be single than be in a relationship, I wasted so much time of my life going after that guy and it wasn't worth it, so yeah, I think you should just enjoy the single life for now, boyfriends aren't everything, and there's still plenty of time left to get a boyfriend etc so don't worry about it OP :smile:)
Reply 3
HVM
OP
Original post by Jgco2chem
Hey, your only 18! you've got so much time, so don't be embarrassed! and that guy will show up and treat you how you deserve and appreciate you, your a person.

What course are you studying?

Primary Ed :smile:
Relationships aren't the be all and end all! I'm in my first year of university as well, and got with my first ever boyfriend last term... We started seeing each other at the beginning of January, finally made it official after about a month and a half, he asked me out "officially" and then he ended things three and a half weeks later. Now I can officially say I've had a boyfriend who was crap! I'd rather be able to say that I've never had a boyfriend :cool:
The right guy will come, I know it sounds cliche but I promise it'll happen one day.
Reply 6
I had my first "boyfriend" for a month when I was 19. Broke up with him when I realised I didn't want to be in a relationship. It's not the be all and end all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending