georgiaemilyyy
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm in year 9 picking my options iv got triple science and geography but the 3rd one is between business and sociology? should I take GCSE sociology? is it worth it and what will it help me with in the future?
fiya31
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Hi, I'm currently studying sociology and I think its a great subject, although I find some bits difficult overall it's a good, fun and intersting subject! I honestly think studying the subject has made me more open minded.
My friend does OCR business studies and says that it's hard but idk she's pretty smart. Also, it depends what YOU what to do in the future.

ALSO,
In AQA sociology we study 2 units
Unit 1:
Studying society
Education
Family

Unit 2:
Crime and deviance
Power OR mass media
Social inequality

idk if this was much help as I don't have one CLUE about business studies other than the fact that many complain in my school due to the lack of teacher.

GOOD LUCK ON CHOOSING YOUR OPTIONS!!
Thomson2013
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
It's down to you and your preferences really. I studied both Business and Sociology at A-Level and I found Sociology way more interesting as opposed to figures and statistics like in Business.

If you're better at writing and reading and enjoy reading about various political and sociological issues then go for Sociology.

If you're interested in how a business works from the ground up and have an interest in money and finance, Business is for you.
georgiaemilyyy
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thank you, you really helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (8)
10.13%
Okay (25)
31.65%
A bit lacking (22)
27.85%
Not good at all (24)
30.38%

Watched Threads