The Student Room Group

Does being older put women at a disadvantage?

Would a 31 year old female, who liked a guy the same age as her, have a disadvantage because of her age? I mean Woolf the 31 year old guy want a girl in her 20's ? Or does it not make much difference?
Reply 1
For me no issue. The maturity of early thirties would also be attractive and it's not as if you're over the hill..
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
For me no issue. The maturity of early thirties would also be attractive and it's not as if you're over the hill..

Out of interest when would over the hill be for a woman? I suppose it depends on opinion but just curious.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Out of interest when would over the hill be for a woman? I suppose it depends on opinion but just curious.

You can still be pretty dam frisky up to mid 30s.
Reply 4
Original post by Zarek
You can still be pretty dam frisky up to mid 30s.

Ah ok only 3 more years then ha
I would say so yes, most men your age would probably be looking to date someone younger.
Reply 6
Original post by Black Cat
I would say so yes, most men your age would probably be looking to date someone younger.

Id go out with someone younger too if I could but dont know what my options are.
Reply 7
Ah ok only 3 more years then ha

It all depends on the individual woman and men themselves we all have different likes. For me I would say many women in their mid 30s even 40s still look attractive, relationship wise though I would go with the mid 30s. I think it only puts you in a disadvantage if you see it as a negative yourself.

Most older women are looking for different things in life though. So I don't understand why you see it as a disadvantage.
If she's attractive/there's chemistry, why not?
In short. Youre a lass go for whom you want. thats the way it works if youre a bit of a looker.
I'm 34 and I prefer to feel on a par with a woman than be an old guy who isn't with it with a younger woman. That said, in my early twenties I would absolutely loved and attractive woman in her thirties to assertively come on to me.
Why not pm me, I'd love to chat some more, you can 'AMA'.
Id go out with someone younger too if I could but dont know what my options are.

I'd date you. I've always had a thing for older girls. Them having way more experience than me is kinda a turn on :redface:
Original post by ChickenMadness
I'd date you. I've always had a thing for older girls. Them having way more experience than me is kinda a turn on :redface:

Might have other experience but I've not really got sexual experience never bothered with relationships lol
Reply 14
The sad fact is yes... As a woman approaching my late twenties although I don't look a day over 18 when men my own age find out I am nearly 27 they sometime lose interest as a younger woman is more favorable but I have more luck than my friends in their thirties. My friends in their thirties have more luck with guys in the mid 40 upwards whom are divorce with kids or permanent bachelors leaving my thirties friends thinking they may never have their own family. I have more luck with guys in their mid thirties.

What we are forgetting here and what I can't believe isn't been mentioned is a little thing called children.... Consciously or not most men will always look for a younger model as they are associated with greater fertility and less baggage. Men look for the young, untarnished good girl rather than the old maid who had all their fun. I didn't have any fun though :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
More of an issue than the reverse
Original post by jazjaz
The sad fact is yes... As a woman approaching my late twenties although I don't look a day over 18 when men my own age find out I am nearly 27 they sometime lose interest as a younger woman is more favorable but I have more luck than my friends in their thirties. My friends in their thirties have more luck with guys in the mid 40 upwards whom are divorce with kids or permanent bachelors leaving my thirties friends thinking they may never have their own family. I have more luck with guys in their mid thirties.

What we are forgetting here and what I can't believe isn't been mentioned is a little thing called children.... Consciously or not most men will always look for a younger model as they are associated with greater fertility and less baggage. Men look for the young, untarnished good girl rather than the old maid who had all their fun. I didn't have any fun though :frown:

I didn't have any fun either, all the popular girls did I was ignored all the time lol. If it's a matter of fertility though well,all though it's not as obvious and not as acknowledged, men lose fertility and testosterone gradually as they age too so it would also make sense for us to go for a slightly younger more fertile man (since we don't need their resources anymore ha). I think men see older women as being overweight set in their ways but I've kept myself fit and in shape. I don't know to what extent this is a problem. I mean I'd be happy to go for men up to 5 years older but then he might still want younger.
Reply 17
I didn't have any fun either, all the popular girls did I was ignored all the time lol. If it's a matter of fertility though well,all though it's not as obvious and not as acknowledged, men lose fertility and testosterone gradually as they age too so it would also make sense for us to go for a slightly younger more fertile man (since we don't need their resources anymore ha). I think men see older women as being overweight set in their ways but I've kept myself fit and in shape. I don't know to what extent this is a problem. I mean I'd be happy to go for men up to 5 years older but then he might still want younger.

I think 5 years older is probably your best bet honestly hun in general. However with the guy in question he's one individual so go for it you never know you could be perfect for each other. But if doesn't work out don't waste too much time on him.

I agree men start to lose testosterone, start to bald and even their b-sacs drop and wrinkle even more but unfortunately with us being the ones who carry the child for 9 months as potential mommies the bar is set much higher.

Definitely keep taking care of yourself and I can relate in many ways as I was never the party girl, casual girl or the girl with lots of boyfriends. But unfortunately singledom at a certain age is associated with being a miss independent/bachelorette who got bored and now wants to shackle up with a good guy or a bag lady which is frustrating indeed! I missed out on all the normal stuff due to spending my best years fighting eating disorders (which I suppose is my baggage right there) I only just started university last year so I have double the work meeting guys.

Good luck!
Might have other experience but I've not really got sexual experience never bothered with relationships lol

ye tbh I'd date you for fun and stuff but can't see myself marrying someone way older than me :redface: It's usually just a breath of fresh air chatting with older women. More mature and easier to talk to in general :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by ChickenMadness
ye tbh I'd date you for fun and stuff but can't see myself marrying someone way older than me :redface: It's usually just a breath of fresh air chatting with older women. More mature and easier to talk to in general :smile:

Yes I think it depends what OP wants.. If she just wants a bit of dating and romance or a relationship for a few years younger would be okay and the world is her oyster. If she wants marriage and children I would recommend seeking a guy around mid thirties who wants to settle down and make it happen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending