The Student Room Group

Changing a uni choice?

My first choice uni will most likely be royal holloway to study English, entry requirements abb with the a in English. Although I'm not sure I will get my a in English, but I should get 2 as in the other subjects. I really don't think English is still the right course for me, and I think I'll come out with a b over all. And I do NOT want to go to my insurance. Basically if I don't get in I'll have to go through clearing, the only thing is I'm away on holiday! Is there any way I could go through adjustment for a different course if I get aab but the b is in English? I really want to go to Loughborough but I haven't applied, as I applied to Unis which were best for English. However I'm now considering Doing a business management degree or something similar, and Loughborough offers a good range, plus I really really like the uni. Is there any way I could change one of my choices? I haven't confirmed my firm and insurance although I have received all my offers. If not, does anyone have any clearing or adjustment advice? Especially since I'm away :s I'll have Internet access and access to a phone etc. also, is there limited accommodation in adjustment/clearing? I honestly don't think I will get into royal holloway and if I don't then I don't want to do English. I would rather go to Loughborough. Thanks
Original post by SO1997
My first choice uni will most likely be royal holloway to study English, entry requirements abb with the a in English. Although I'm not sure I will get my a in English, but I should get 2 as in the other subjects. I really don't think English is still the right course for me, and I think I'll come out with a b over all. And I do NOT want to go to my insurance. Basically if I don't get in I'll have to go through clearing, the only thing is I'm away on holiday! Is there any way I could go through adjustment for a different course if I get aab but the b is in English? I really want to go to Loughborough but I haven't applied, as I applied to Unis which were best for English. However I'm now considering Doing a business management degree or something similar, and Loughborough offers a good range, plus I really really like the uni. Is there any way I could change one of my choices? I haven't confirmed my firm and insurance although I have received all my offers. If not, does anyone have any clearing or adjustment advice? Especially since I'm away :s I'll have Internet access and access to a phone etc. also, is there limited accommodation in adjustment/clearing? I honestly don't think I will get into royal holloway and if I don't then I don't want to do English. I would rather go to Loughborough. Thanks

For adjustment you need to meet and exceed your offer. If you get a B in English then you haven't met your offer regardless of your other grades.

If you don't want to go to your insurance then ring then up NOW and explain that. They'll be able to arrange it so that you don't have an insurance and will go straight into clearing. In your case if you don't want to go there then DO NOT make them your insurance!!!

If you're due to be away over results then that can be alright if you're able to arrange to be free with access to the internet and a phone.

Alternatively contact Loughborough now and see if they would be willing to consider you through Extra. If they are then you can decline all of your English offers to get placed into Extra and apply directly to Loughborough for the course you want to study via Extra (and take a whole bunch of stress off results week).
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending