Mazars Graduate Scheme from application to offer Watch

gcsesimsoscared
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ryan0123)
Yeah, I've not had my confirmation of AC date either, bit confused as I had my telephone interview like 4 weeks ago and got the email to say I had passed the next day...
I received my AC date yesterday actually! Have you got yours yet?
Casey711
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by roxie rox)
Hi all, just had my telephone interview recently and i got through to the AC. The lady was very nice, she explained the questions she was going to ask and said she might stop me to move on to the next question and not to take it as a negative sign. First part i chose a topic and she asked questions how that affects the industry, what can Mazar do to overcome the threats. Make sure you chose a topic you understand. Second part competency questions 3 of them. They wanted to know how i work under pressure, how i adapt to change and how i build rapport. You must do you research about the company n the position. Good luck all!
Hi, i have my telephone interview tomorrow and i am not sure what they mean by do research on topical issues, what sort of topics do you mean? Im really nervous :/
ferrety_boy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Casey711)
Hi, i have my telephone interview tomorrow and i am not sure what they mean by do research on topical issues, what sort of topics do you mean? Im really nervous :/
Just think about recent events in the news and globally, and how that may affect Mazars as a company
roxie rox
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just google "trends in financing n accounting" n pick one of the subjects there
Ryan0123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gcsesimsoscared)
Nice one! When is it?? Not yet unfortunately
roxie rox
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I m also still waiting ...it comes close to 2 months now ...
lightyag
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi all
I remember how hard the process is and happy to help anyone that needs help with interview and ac prep.

I got an offer from the big 4 a few years back but will do my best to help.

To make things easier I use a separate number to help people as I don’t come on here much as I used to. Feel free to WhatsApp or txt me on 0742 9344 465.

All the best and good luck!
Ryan0123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Finally got an email from them! Have been invited to a ‘final interview’ in Jan, take it this is just an AC? Anyone else get this?
zwong02
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello! What office is this for?
Casey711
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Finally got an email from them! Have been invited to a ‘final interview’ in Jan, take it this is just an AC? Anyone else get this?
Hi I completed my telehphpne interview on Friday, when do you think I should hear back a response ? And congratulations on getting through to the AC
gcsesimsoscared
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Final interview? wait what did you apply for? I applied for autumn intake industrial placement, and I have an AC on the 14th Dec with them, so v soon! no mention of a final interview? maybe we applied for different things?
Ryan0123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Final interview? wait what did you apply for? I applied for autumn intake industrial placement, and I have an AC on the 14th Dec with them, so v soon! no mention of a final interview? maybe we applied for different things?
I know, I'm just as confused! I applied for Autumn 2019 intake for audit - graduate trainee
Ryan0123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Casey711)
Hi I completed my telehphpne interview on Friday, when do you think I should hear back a response ? And congratulations on getting through to the AC
I heard back the next day - however I then had to wait about 6 weeks for a date, so not really sure tbh, others I've spoken to have heard back with an AC date within a week! Best of luck whatever!
Casey711
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I heard back the next day - however I then had to wait about 6 weeks for a date, so not really sure tbh, others I've spoken to have heard back with an AC date within a week! Best of luck whatever!
Thank you ! If you don’t mind me asking what office did you apply for ?
lbenson88
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone think Mazars would negotiate on the salary? I've been offered a graduate place but as expected the salary is really poor at 21k.

I've got other offers and Mazars by far is the lowest salary, i want to work for mazars, and i think its a great choice but i just dont think i can stomach choosing them over another ACA training contract paying 6-8k more a year?

Do you think they'd just be like, no sorry, someone else will accept your place so we wouldn't even consider upping our offer?
ferrety_boy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lbenson88)
Does anyone think Mazars would negotiate on the salary? I've been offered a graduate place but as expected the salary is really poor at 21k.

I've got other offers and Mazars by far is the lowest salary, i want to work for mazars, and i think its a great choice but i just dont think i can stomach choosing them over another ACA training contract paying 6-8k more a year?

Do you think they'd just be like, no sorry, someone else will accept your place so we wouldn't even consider upping our offer?
I think you should at least enquire - if you're dealing with the HR department, I don't think they can revoke your offer?
___tana
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Wow that's shockingly low, even for Mazars.. Maybe it will be a good idea to reach out to other graduates
gemmax4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's interesting to see how many people are so bothered about the salary. As long as I was being paid a standard full-time wage I think the experience you're getting is invaluable for setting you up in the future, a company is investing their money in you to get the rewards later so I don't think salary should be your main concern and more about what company is suitable for you? No point getting greedy as you made the exact point that someone will happily take your place if you don't think you're getting paid enough, you have to remember that you're not qualified yet and the company is investing their money and taking a risk on you. Just something to think about...
artie46
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
does anyone know what the salary is for london?
oakroys
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Hi - where are you based? I'm also holding an offer from one of the regional offices, but my salary is different. Feel free to PM me if you don't wish to disclose the information openly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
23.76%
No, but I have thought about it (56)
27.72%
No (98)
48.51%

Watched Threads