Forum Games Watch

Queen Cersei
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey everyone!

Just to let you know that due to it's huge popularity, Forum Games has now been taken out of being a sub-forum of Chat and become its own forum in TSR Community!

Happy Friday :badger:
Champagne Supernova
Badges: 20
Report 3 years ago
I can't claim to use the forum or post there, so I'm not sure if this would be necessary or not... but it may be an idea to leave a forum redirect at the top of Chat for a little while. I suspect that's how a lot of people navigate there rather than browsing the forums list. You don't want to make people think it's disappeared after all.
shadowdweller
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
...Why? :erm:
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Champagne Supernova)
I can't claim to use the forum or post there, so I'm not sure if this would be necessary or not... but it may be an idea to leave a forum redirect at the top of Chat for a little while. I suspect that's how a lot of people navigate there rather than browsing the forums list. You don't want to make people think it's disappeared after all.
Agreed, I think a redirect would be a good idea.

(Original post by shadowdweller)
...Why? :erm:
To seperate it from Chat. Give it a bit more of a spot light and help people know the rules aren't quite the same as in Chat, I would assume
Kvothe the Arcane
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Don't think it warrants its own forum .

There were a couple fun games on there but now it's just saturated with variants of count to million.
Champagne Supernova
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
Agreed, I think a redirect would be a good idea.
And if it's gonna remain, it could probably do with a sticky redirect to this thead at the top of the Forum Games forum. Or it's own sticky thread at the top there to say it's got a new home. Only for a brief bit of time ofc.
TornadoGR4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Champagne Supernova)
And if it's gonna remain, it could probably do with a sticky redirect to this thead at the top of the Forum Games forum. Or it's own sticky thread at the top there to say it's got a new home. Only for a brief bit of time ofc.
Showing your inner SL there.
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's a shame that the decision wasn't made to move FG to be a subforum of the bin. It's 1.5 million posts of absolute landfill.
shadowdweller
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
To seperate it from Chat. Give it a bit more of a spot light and help people know the rules aren't quite the same as in Chat, I would assume
Hmm, fair enough :holmes:

How different are the rules?

(Original post by Mad Vlad)
It's a shame that the decision wasn't made to move FG to be a subforum of the bin. It's 1.5 million posts of absolute landfill.
Hardly shocking though, they're not going to bin one of the most popular sub-forums.
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Rules are a bit more strict on keeping on topic, i.e if it's a counting thread, keep to the numbers blah blah:
Can i take threads off-topic?
Of course not. Threads with topics set are not to be spammed with other useless jibberish. There are plenty of threads with no topic to it, stick to them if that is why you're here.
(Taken from here)

Your positive tone brings so much joy to my day :daydreaming:
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Hardly shocking though, they're not going to bin one of the most popular sub-forums.
Mmm... it's the online advertising equivalent of playing a multiplayer FPS with a couple of friends who stand there and get shot in the head repeatedly to unlock content or stuff your Headshot:Kill ratio.
Champagne Supernova
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TornadoGR4)
Showing your inner SL there.
You can take the man out of the SLs but not the SL out of the man.....

..no matter how hard you try :sigh:

Quite.

Landfill could describe a lot of TSR outside of the academic forums really.

And most within it.
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Your positive tone brings so much joy to my day :daydreaming:
This place lacks any sense of realism without me.
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This place lacks any sense of realism without me.
It does, master :adore:

Spoiler:
Show

Now I'm just imaging you sat behind your computer/phone/other device like:

Snufkin
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
:yep: Strange priorities the CT have. I wish they spent more time trying to encourage people to use (and stay active in) the university sub-forums.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (48)
62.34%
No (29)
37.66%

Watched Threads