am i the only one who thinks triple science requires so much hard work Watch

Saarah99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm currently in year 11 and I'm soon to sit 9 science exams over the next 2 months. Core- I'm very confident on.
Additional- I'm good with.
Extension- Bio im confident. Chem- hard as hell and dont get me started on the first 2 topics of physics
I started the triple science course in year 9 and i've always noticed how triple science requires extreme amounts of work. How are you all getting on with triple science?
'Chris'
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I agree, triple science is more work but the rewards are more satisfying (three extra GCSEs). The important idea is to disregard the bigger picture. Focus your revision and learning into smaller manageable sections. Luckily, the exam board has already done this for you by allowing you to sit the topics in groups of three (B1,B2,B3,C1,C2,C3 etc…). If you're on the OCR exam board remember there's a half term in between the exams which is very helpful so you can only focus on the exams after half term. The last topics in triple is difficult but search online for videos, look at textbooks and really focus on learning and understanding the information. Honestly, it's not all that bad (once you've learnt it). I feel science is a subject which can allow you to feel confident in a topic if you've thoroughly covered it, but there's a lot of daunting topics to cover. But as I mentioned earlier just take it step by step and you'll ace your exams. Good luck !
Tarick
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm revising right now, get soooooooo tired!!!
CharlieeB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I took triple science, and I think the challenge was the timing. We only started in year 10, and as a result only had about 3 months before exams to learn all of the further sections. However, I think you will get the grasp of it.
The grade boundaries are usually lower for the C3/P3/B3 papers so the difficulty is considered by exam boards.
If you have been selected or allowed to take triple science you clearly must have the ability to do it.
Black Rose
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Saarah99)
I'm currently in year 11 and I'm soon to sit 9 science exams over the next 2 months. Core- I'm very confident on.
Extension- Bio im confident. Chem- hard as hell and dont get me started on the first 2 topics of physics
I started the triple science course in year 9 and i've always noticed how triple science requires extreme amounts of work. How are you all getting on with triple science?
Exactly the same as you except we started in Year 10. Just finished the Unit 3s. I do think they were quite rushed, it was hard to understand things at the pace the teachers were going at But hopefully, after revising it I'll get it Edexcel, right?
Saarah99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Black Rose)
Exactly the same as you except we started in Year 10. Just finished the Unit 3s. I do think they were quite rushed, it was hard to understand things at the pace the teachers were going at But hopefully, after revising it I'll get it Edexcel, right?
yup i am doing edexcel i think the course was really rushed too. Are you sitting them this year?:rolleyes:
jamestg
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I feel exactly the same.

Not only do I have all 9 exams this summer, but I also started GCSE science in Y10 - so the work load has been massive! I'm confident on Core Science, mediocre on Additional and good on Further - with a few weeks of hard work re-learning stuff I don't get I'll be super confident by the time exams come!

Even without doing the exams yet, I am already feeling the benefits. I feel like I can manage a large workload, it has given me an interest in science and I have a various interests in each of the sciences. Although it has been hard work, and it is slowly paying off - I'm only doing one science at A-level, which is slightly sad but I look forward to doing it and I think I'll cope much better than my double science counterparts!

Here's to 3A*s!
Black Rose
  • Study Helper
Report 3 years ago
yup i am doing edexcel i think the course was really rushed too. Are you sitting them this year?:rolleyes:
I am :yep:
eternalhinch
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Triple science is tough I'm in year 10 and I find it hard enough to learn every topic in detail in prep of gcses next year !! But I think it's really useful if u revise over the topic you've done at school as soon as u get home - make it a priority before social media going out etc. this seems to have worked with me as well as additional revision in the holidays as a I got A* in b1 nd b3 and c1

Gud luck x
eternalhinch
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jamestg)
I feel exactly the same.

Not only do I have all 9 exams this summer, but I also started GCSE science in Y10 - so the work load has been massive! I'm confident on Core Science, mediocre on Additional and good on Further - with a few weeks of hard work re-learning stuff I don't get I'll be super confident by the time exams come!

Even without doing the exams yet, I am already feeling the benefits. I feel like I can manage a large workload, it has given me an interest in science and I have a various interests in each of the sciences. Although it has been hard work, and it is slowly paying off - I'm only doing one science at A-level, which is slightly sad but I look forward to doing it and I think I'll cope much better than my double science counterparts!

Here's to 3A*s!
Yes 3 A* are in the agenda after all the pure sweat and graft
vd12345
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just worried about Physics... What are yous mock and ISA results?
Saarah99
Rep:
?
(Original post by vd12345)
Just worried about Physics... What are yous mock and ISA results?
my teachers haven't yet gave me my controlled assessment results. I do edexcel so idk what ISA is:confused:
Saarah99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tarick)
I'm revising right now, get soooooooo tired!!!
haha keep going! only 2 more months left
Saarah99
Rep:
?
(Original post by 'Chris')
I agree, triple science is more work but the rewards are more satisfying (three extra GCSEs). The important idea is to disregard the bigger picture. Focus your revision and learning into smaller manageable sections. Luckily, the exam board has already done this for you by allowing you to sit the topics in groups of three (B1,B2,B3,C1,C2,C3 etc…). If you're on the OCR exam board remember there's a half term in between the exams which is very helpful so you can only focus on the exams after half term. The last topics in triple is difficult but search online for videos, look at textbooks and really focus on learning and understanding the information. Honestly, it's not all that bad (once you've learnt it). I feel science is a subject which can allow you to feel confident in a topic if you've thoroughly covered it, but there's a lot of daunting topics to cover. But as I mentioned earlier just take it step by step and you'll ace your exams. Good luck !
i do edexcel so once i have done core i have half term holidays then additional and further exams
vd12345
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
my teachers haven't yet gave me my controlled assessment results. I do edexcel so idk what ISA is:confused:
Isa=Controlled assessment for AQA
SL2310
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Watch this guy's videos an make flashcard notes based on each powerpoint. They are really useful and he includes key points so that you are directly following the specification. He's only done B3 but I think he'll do P3 and C3 soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CudV...aTtQoSvaCGZccA
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.65%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.41%
No, but I want to start (265)
37.59%
No, I am unable to (167)
23.69%
No, I chose not to (195)
27.66%