Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi!

I am currently doing biology and chemistry at school, and I was wondering if anyone had any book recommendations regarding these subjects. I have read p53, the Coming of Age of Quantum Biology and The Sixth Extinction, and I rather like the style of p53's writing (ie working its way through the history of the protein), and the content of the Quantum Biology one (it goes into the chemistry of biology (well, technically the physics of the chemistry of the biology).

Thanks!

TP2.
veni_vidi_vasi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
'Bad Science' (Ben Goldacre) is always a good one. It isn't so much to do with biology as with the methodology behind pharmaceutical experiments etc. It's interesting, but long-winded. Even so, it's worth reading.

There's always the Richard Dawkins books, but I haven't read them so I think I'll need to give those a shot in the future.
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by veni_vidi_vasi)
'Bad Science' (Ben Goldacre) is always a good one. It isn't so much to do with biology as with the methodology behind pharmaceutical experiments etc. It's interesting, but long-winded. Even so, it's worth reading.

There's always the Richard Dawkins books, but I haven't read them so I think I'll need to give those a shot in the future.
Thanks for the suggestion! I think I saw Bad Science in the library recently, might get it out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads