The Student Room Group

Your experience of Racism and why it happenes

Spoken to a few members on here about their experience of Racism and how it has affected them. I think it would be beneficial to share our experiences and discuss why this happens and how it makes you feel. I am interested to hear from people from black decent. I have also heard the appalling treatment of some black females and how they are made to feel less adequate than other females from other races.

Is this true? I hate the views of some ignorant people I really do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I'm mixed European/Asian. My white cousin was stabbed by a racist gang of blacks, they stabbed two other white peoples in the same night, yet the police despite knowing who they were, did nothing and it never even went to court.

It showed me the politicially correct narratives about race and instituational racism are a pack of lies.
Reply 2
Original post by capitalismstinks
I'm mixed European/Asian. My white cousin was stabbed by a racist gang of blacks, they stabbed two other white peoples in the same night, yet the police despite knowing who they were, did nothing and it never even went to court.

It showed me the politicially correct narratives about race and instituational racism are a pack of lies.

Wait hang on... Do you not like black people?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Keke000
Actually it was less than an hour ago

But why? What happened, are you even black?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I distinctly remember being in year 7 on a residential school trip to an adventure centre where there were a couple of other visiting schools. I'm Indian and my Indian friend and I were walking through the corridor of the floor where the other school was staying and these two kids the same age decided to call us "Pakis". What angers me is these were a bunch of 11 year olds who have no idea what they're saying and have clearly been influenced from somewhere.
Original post by BB1523
Wait hang on... Do you not like black people?Posted from TSR Mobile

He doesn't, he's got a reputation for being quite racist
Reply 6
Original post by NainaK98
I distinctly remember being in year 7 on a residential school trip to an adventure centre where there were a couple of other visiting schools. I'm Indian and my Indian friend and I were walking through the corridor of the floor where the other school was staying and these two kids the same age decided to call us "Pakis". What angers me is these were a bunch of 11 year olds who have no idea what they're saying and have clearly been influenced from somewhere.

It's unfortunate that people are like that, I can understand why you are angry that they called you that. I sometimes think they don't even realise it themselves :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BB1523
Wait hang on... Do you not like black people?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this a satire comment? My cousin was stabbed by black racists, the police did nothing, it never went to court, yet you interpret that to mean my dismissal of politicially correct narratives about race to be anti black?

Beyond parody.
Personally, I've been told I had a big nose and that all black people had big noses, when I was 6, by another 6 year old
I've been called Mamadou also (stereotypical African name that's used in France as a racial slur)
When I was 7/8, I was insulted at the pool by a thirty something woman with 2 kids. It was quite traumatic so I don't really remember what she said but my grandma told me she shouted racist stuff
Original post by jedanselemyia
He doesn't, he's got a reputation for being quite racist

Facts aren't racist you know.
Reply 10
Facts aren't racist you know.

It's hardly facts. LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Racism? Never experienced
Reply 12
why is it always about black.

I probably have experienced more racism as a white European in Britain than most black ethnic people because that suddenly seems to be OK and not racist
Reply 13
Original post by jedanselemyia
Personally, I've been told I had a big nose and that all black people had big noses, when I was 6, by another 6 year old
I've been called Mamadou also (stereotypical African name that's used in France as a racial slur)
When I was 7/8, I was insulted at the pool by a thirty something woman with 2 kids. It was quite traumatic so I don't really remember what she said but my grandma told me she shouted racist stuff

I'm so sorry that you had to go through that, but you need to realise that the people just spread lies. I'm kinda guessing now that you stand tall as a young black women - which you should :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BB1523
It's hardly facts. LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whats not facts?
Reply 15
Original post by Knugs
why is it always about black.

I probably have experienced more racism as a white European in Britain than most black ethnic people because that suddenly seems to be OK and not racist

It's not about black or white i'm just asking in general. Your the one who just said "why is it all about black". Read the post next time properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As long as you try, and as hard as you try, racism will NEVER disappear. In order to eradicate racism, you must eradicate stupidity from society, and I think that's nearly impossible without the use of Eugenics.

There will always be a few bad apples and as long as you avoid these, you'll do fine. Nowadays, we are seeing fewer racist people in higher positions, since attaining these positions require some form of intelligence. So institutional racism is almost finished.

Thus to continuously complain about how the world is against you without citing any specific institutions is useless and rather pathetic.

That boy that once called a "*****" is loong gone and there is nothing you can do about it. But once it gets to an institutional level, of course you should protest. Otherwise, brush off your shoulder and keep on walking.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by BB1523
It's not about black or white i'm just asking in general. Your the one who just said "why is it all about black". Read the post next time properly.

I am interested to hear from people from black decent. I have also heard the appalling treatment of some black females and how they are made to feel less adequate than other females from other races.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe you should read your own post next time.
Reply 18
In other words, you are a racist, and you started this thread to be an echo chamber for your own racist worldview and narratives about race.

Sorry for giving you an example that shattered your bigoted worldview.

Yeah because one unfortunate personal event that happened to you really shatters my worldview. You clearly need to deal with what happened to you in a more constructive and rational way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Racism is supposed to mean discrimination against any race but in practice it's always used to describe Whites supposedly oppressing Blacks. This is why the term 'Reverse racism' was invented. To stop idiots claiming that blacks can't be racist.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending