The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Corpus Christi College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

I've applied for Law '07. Anyone else apply there for anything? Obviously, there'll be less as it's a much smaller college than the rest, which draw larger numbers of applicants. But anyone out there?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
swophie
:redface: :eek: :s-smilie: :confused: :rolleyes: :smile: :frown: :cool: - that pretty much sums up how i feel about how they went........

i'm sophie by the way. :redface:

how did yours go?

Lol!! I haven't got a clue about how they actually went, but I felt really good about them! Especially the last; I didn't have any real prompting or awkward silences. However, that could be due to me just not shutting up! Whatever happens, I feel that I did my best, so hatever happens, it'll be the 'right' outcome. If I don't get in, I probably couldn't have coped there anyway!

Did you stay overnight or just go for the day?

I'm Dan btw :hello:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Hey Sophie,

I've applied to SPS at Corpus too! Had my interviews on Tuesday - How did you think yours went?
I think my general interview was alot harder than my subject specific!

Oh well- We'll just have to see how it pans out in Jan!

x
Reply 3
Yay Corpus.
Reply 4
Hey!

Had my math interview on the 13th. it was okay i guess... was anyone there that day?
Reply 5
I arrived on the 11th and left on the 12th - Met some really nice fellow interviewees for SPS and also plenty of interviewees for english.

Has the interviewing period finished now for Corpus, and indeed for Cambridge?
Reply 6
Corpus Christi is a touch nut to crack, you need top grades to get a position as a grad or undergrad in a place like that.
Reply 7
Harry Johnstone
Corpus Christi is a touch nut to crack, you need top grades to get a position as a grad or undergrad in a place like that.

Well, you need top grades to get into Cambridge at all, but I wouldn't say that Corpus is any harder to get into than any other Cambridge college. In fact, Corpus seems to be a little less anal about grades than some other colleges. I met people with 1, 3 and 4 A*s whilst there, and the law student I was speaking to had 3 A* and 'only' 3 A levels, having had ABB at AS when applying two years ago. Because they're only a small college, they don't get as many applicants, and thus not the swarms and swarms of 12 A* applicants. I don't see why; it's one of the most beautiful colleges of all, one of the oldest, and from my experiences, one of the friendliest. And they have a 120" TV. 'Nuff said.
Reply 8
Which lawyer were you speaking to? Was it a first year? Did you meet Colm McGrath? :biggrin:

Corpus seems to be fairly competitive academically (from an admissions standpoint). There are quite a few internationals in Corpus and a fairly sizeable chunk of the college is Northern Irish.

As for the TV - yeah, we rock. :P
Reply 9
Err... I'm not sure but he had a very cool Van Halen shirt lol! And yes, Colm McGrath interviewed me! Nice guy, he was a really great interviewer. don't know how it went though! Fingers crossed...
Reply 10
Ah, don't know him then. Colm... nice guy? Hahahaha. :smile:
Reply 11
I wish I'd applied to Corpus if that counts.....
Reply 12
Well, we are the best college. :P
Reply 13
I applied for Arch' & Anth' 2007. Was at interview, 12th & 13th Dec. I liked it lots, everyone was really nice.
Reply 14
I thought Caius was the best college...Hmm...
Reply 15
AGGGHHHH - The anticipation of this darned letter is going to be the death of me!
Reply 16
Hmmm just dropped by to say good luck everyone! =) (And please do try to have a good New Year's holiday as well!)
Reply 17
I'm also a Corpus applicant:biggrin: , good luck folks, not long til we find out now.:eek:
Reply 18
As an aside, the number of Law applicants one finds around here is extremely disconcerting. It calls my own chances into serious question!
I'm a law applicant for Corpus as well. Don't find it disconcerting Giliwoo...I think Corpus gets a slightly below average number of applicants for most courses, including law.

Quick Reply

Latest