Danny_777
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I've applied for Law '07. Anyone else apply there for anything? Obviously, there'll be less as it's a much smaller college than the rest, which draw larger numbers of applicants. But anyone out there?
Danny_777
Rep:
?
(Original post by swophie)
:eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :cool: - that pretty much sums up how i feel about how they went........

i'm sophie by the way.

how did yours go?
Lol!! I haven't got a clue about how they actually went, but I felt really good about them! Especially the last; I didn't have any real prompting or awkward silences. However, that could be due to me just not shutting up! Whatever happens, I feel that I did my best, so hatever happens, it'll be the 'right' outcome. If I don't get in, I probably couldn't have coped there anyway!

Did you stay overnight or just go for the day?

I'm Dan btw :hello:
simply_me
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey Sophie,

I've applied to SPS at Corpus too! Had my interviews on Tuesday - How did you think yours went?
I think my general interview was alot harder than my subject specific!

Oh well- We'll just have to see how it pans out in Jan!

x
gwright
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yay Corpus.
ttommy88
Report 12 years ago
Hey!

Had my math interview on the 13th. it was okay i guess... was anyone there that day?
simply_me
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I arrived on the 11th and left on the 12th - Met some really nice fellow interviewees for SPS and also plenty of interviewees for english.

Has the interviewing period finished now for Corpus, and indeed for Cambridge?
Johnny01638
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Corpus Christi is a touch nut to crack, you need top grades to get a position as a grad or undergrad in a place like that.
Danny_777
Rep:
?
(Original post by Harry Johnstone)
Corpus Christi is a touch nut to crack, you need top grades to get a position as a grad or undergrad in a place like that.
Well, you need top grades to get into Cambridge at all, but I wouldn't say that Corpus is any harder to get into than any other Cambridge college. In fact, Corpus seems to be a little less anal about grades than some other colleges. I met people with 1, 3 and 4 A*s whilst there, and the law student I was speaking to had 3 A* and 'only' 3 A levels, having had ABB at AS when applying two years ago. Because they're only a small college, they don't get as many applicants, and thus not the swarms and swarms of 12 A* applicants. I don't see why; it's one of the most beautiful colleges of all, one of the oldest, and from my experiences, one of the friendliest. And they have a 120" TV. 'Nuff said.
gwright
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Which lawyer were you speaking to? Was it a first year? Did you meet Colm McGrath?

Corpus seems to be fairly competitive academically (from an admissions standpoint). There are quite a few internationals in Corpus and a fairly sizeable chunk of the college is Northern Irish.

As for the TV - yeah, we rock. :P
Danny_777
Rep:
?
Err... I'm not sure but he had a very cool Van Halen shirt lol! And yes, Colm McGrath interviewed me! Nice guy, he was a really great interviewer. don't know how it went though! Fingers crossed...
gwright
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ah, don't know him then. Colm... nice guy? Hahahaha.
aka_chloe
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I wish I'd applied to Corpus if that counts.....
gwright
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well, we are the best college. :P
flicmac
Report 12 years ago
I applied for Arch' & Anth' 2007. Was at interview, 12th & 13th Dec. I liked it lots, everyone was really nice.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I thought Caius was the best college...Hmm...
simply_me
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
AGGGHHHH - The anticipation of this darned letter is going to be the death of me!
psyche87
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hmmm just dropped by to say good luck everyone! =) (And please do try to have a good New Year's holiday as well!)
Vivien_K
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm also a Corpus applicant , good luck folks, not long til we find out now.:eek:
Giliwoo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
As an aside, the number of Law applicants one finds around here is extremely disconcerting. It calls my own chances into serious question!
Phil.Murray
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm a law applicant for Corpus as well. Don't find it disconcerting Giliwoo...I think Corpus gets a slightly below average number of applicants for most courses, including law.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Nov '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
69.7%
No I haven't decided yet (33)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (17)
10.3%

Watched Threads