vmca1996
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi there!

I'm making my university choices right now, and I am due to be studying Geography in September, but I'm having to make a tough choice about my firm and insurance choices.
So far, I have received offers from:

LSE
Bristol
Kings College London
Manchester

I have visited all four, and really loved Bristol! However, I feel that to turn down an offer from LSE would be such a stupid thing to do!
My offer from Bristol, Kings and Manchester is AAB, and my LSE offer is AAA.
I would like to put Bristol and Manchester as my firm and insurance choices, however this could be a difficult situation to put myself in as they are both the same offer.
LSE was fantastic when I visited, but my issues with LSE are that:
  1. I already live in London, and it would take me under an hour to get to LSE by train. Therefore, there would be no new student experience of a new city for me, as I already know London very well.
  2. I am concerned that the LSE accommodation is ridiculously expensive and not very pleasant, and I do not wish to live at home during my time at uni
  3. LSE only really does human geography! Although I do like human geography, I do also really enjoy physical geography

On the other hand, Bristol have a computer based part of the course where research is turned into computer models and so forth. I am not particularly keen on heavy I.T work, as I am not very good at it, however I am sure that I will learn quickly.
I am not thinking of attending Kings College London due to the fact that it is also in London and people who I know who have gone there have not been particularly satisfied with it.
If anyone has any advice, it would be much appreciated! I'm in a real dilemma here.

Thanks!!
Anonynmous
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
LSE no db8 m8
vmca1996
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
P.S I was also concerned that because everyone is not situated near each other in LSE accommodation, which is spread around London, is there much of a close-knit student community?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads