This discussion is closed.
-al
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Anyone got their ball coming up? Got ours this eve, formal tux an' tie buffet thing. With a lot of luck it won't suck too hard. Drink prices will be sky high, guess we'll have to start with a few cheeky bevvies beforehand.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well, we were gonna have a formal do.. but we had that at christmas... so instead we went to the hawaiian resturant and bar in cardiff and had a hula evning!!

it was great fun and everyone dresesd up which was nice... and there were so many differnt coctails you just had to try them all!!

it was nice to do something differnt!!

love Katy ***
La_la_la
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
We had our prom on a boat on the Thames and it was fantastic!! All the lights were so pretty and everyone got really dressed up! Also excellent music and everyone got quite drunk despite high drink prices! All in all a great evening! xxx
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm only in 1st year so I can't go, but our college is having theirs at the Adelphi in Liverpool, but they couldn't book it until after the results come out so it's August sometime- which I guess is quite nice because they can see how everyone did in thier exams + where they'r all off to uni + wot they'v done since leaving etc.
byb3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah, we had a very bad ball last year as one of our students died on the way back in a car accident. So from now on our school has no outings, which is unfortunate as well. We've just had to organise our own instead

Regards,
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It's kinda difficult, being in a School 6th Form to have a formal do at the end of it; there are only 20 people (6 girls) in the Upper 6th.

Our Geography department have arranged with our Year 13 Geog group (7 people + 3 Geog staff) to go to the local Italian restaurant, where you bring your own wine / other booze and stuff, which is always a nice night out.

We tend to arrange our own social events; the school won't condone anything that involves underage drinkers, BUT if the students arrange it, then the teachers are prepared to come, and it's always quite a laugh to see them in a state !

The Maths department always have a BBQ every summer for the leaving 6th formers (that did Maths obv) round at one of the teachers' houses, and thats always a good evening. Also invited is some of the Maths alumni just to catch up with leavers of olde.

Back in Year 11, we had arranged a proper Prom/Dinner Dance thingy, planning it way in advance ready for when we left - and it got cancelled due to lack of interest (22/198) which was a great shame.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads