Retaking GCSE exams for 2016 series

Watch
mnc61
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I am sitting all of my GCSE qualifications (except for core science) this May/June, which is for the 2015 exam series/season. I was wondering about sitting exams again just in case I do not perform too well in my exams in 2015.

I understand that retakes on one particular unit has been abolished from 2014, but I still have an idea that I can use previous controlled assessment marks from the 2015 exam series towards the 2016 exam series if I ever had to retake an exam(s) in 2016 May/June.

My main question is: How can I retake an exam for the next series/season with the same exam board that I did my GCSEs with in year 11 (do I do it privately with a tuition, a sixth form, or with who and how)?

Also, what would the fee be for each qualification/exams?

Thanks.
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You will need to sit the exams via a registered centre (usually a school), so you'd need to talk to your chosen centre about them accepting you as an independent candidate.

The exam board(s) in question will set their own fees for each exam, but registered centres usually add their own administrative fees on top, meaning that the total can vary, so speak to your chosen centre about this as well.
Captain Jack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi mnc61
Just moving this into the GCSEs forum as it's the most relevant place for you
Jack
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (126)
59.15%
No (46)
21.6%
Not sure (41)
19.25%

Watched Threads