sunjaykumar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I've got a conditional offer from Warwick for International management but have been told that this course is not so good at warwick, it's much better known for Economics. But my board exams didn't go so well ( am from India ) so I might not get Economics if I change now because the % required is much higher. Any views how does the International Management course compare to Economics i.e faculty, course, future potential etc. Second dilemma Bath, Durham or Warwick. At Bath I have Business adminstration and Economics at Durham

Last dilemma USA or UK , how do the two education systems compare i.e campus experience, future potential, way of teaching, etc
Lots of question so would appreciate whatever help / inputs one can give. If you dont have much time answer whatever you have some solid views on.

Thanks in advance ..
Confused freshman :-)
Mr.Rojas
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sunjaykumar)
Hi, I've got a conditional offer from Warwick for International management but have been told that this course is not so good at warwick, it's much better known for Economics.
Who told you that?
A decade ago, a management or business degree was virtually unknown and only quite a few universities offered it. Today, as the programme has developed, it has caught the attention of the employers, and thus is now as respected as economics, if you want to have a career in banking. The management programme is housed at Warwick Business School, which is one of the most respected business school in the entire UK. You will have access to WBS career placement office, profs and facilities. You can't go wrong on either programme.

Last dilemma USA or UK , how do the two education systems compare i.e campus experience, future potential, way of teaching, etc
The US undergrad offers more flexibility, though it would take you 4 years to finish it, whereas 3 years at Warwick.

The Warwick scene isn't much different from a top private school in the US as it is a campus university where school activities are central and are intertwined within the university. It has a student union and a vast array of sports and academic facilities.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (589)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.5%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
20%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads