The Student Room Group

Social work interview/test @ uel

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for an entrance exam and interview for social work??
I have it next week and now it's approaching I'm really nervous!!!

Any help would be much appreciated,
Thank you!!
All i would say is know your stuff, i went for an interview at Coventry and they throw you in a the deep end. Be prepared for everything they throw at you. I would say if you can try and do some background reading on case studies. Baby P, Daniel pelka. I would say look up your legislations aswell for both adult and children .....Every uni is different but i hope that helps if you need any more PM me and i will try and help!
Good Luck
Reply 2
Hey, I also have an interview at uel, only Mine is next week. What questions did they ask and how was the test.? Hope it went well for you!
Reply 3
Hi all

Be prepared to untangle case studies and demonstrate what you would do in that situation as a social work. Also know why you want to be on the course and the skills you posess. Also know about Uel social work course. My interview was with a lecturer and someone from practice. It can seem quite daunting but once you relax it will all fall together.

Good luck.
Reply 4
I have the UEL test on Thursday, I emailed them to confirm that it is just the test on that dates and not actually the interview. I've read that they are primarily testing your English writing skills but still unsure on what to read up on as there is no information at all! What have you read??
Reply 5
I have my interview tomorrow aswell.

I would say case studies, make sure spelling and grammar is onpoint.
Also literature around social work
Reply 6
I passed the test, thank you. Have you had the interview? X
Reply 7
That's great to hear.
Yes. I do next month

And you?
Reply 8
Hi

I also have the test tomorrow! I've had a brief look at what they might consider current issues for social work/ers, and I do know a fair amount on the role of a social worker. Could you recommend anything to read up on tonight before the test?? :smile:
Reply 9
Hi Alex,

I would strongly advise practice writing letters.

By the grace of God I've managed to secure an interview this month.
Also make sure your spelling and grammar is good.
My assessment was to write a letter of recommendation to a go in regards to my client.

I simply mentioned referrals to housing, mental health services, psychiatric team and also medical team.

Original post by Alexk2016
Hi

I also hav e the test tomorrow! I've had a brief look at what they might consider current issues for social work/ers, and I do know a fair amount on the role of a social worker. Could you recommend anything to read up on tonight before the test?? :smile:
By the grace of God hahaha

Thank you, that's really helpful! When you do a basic online search people say to look up so many different topics! I didn't expect to sit a full blown exam just to be shortlisted for interview! But a letter of recommendation makes sense, and I can see how you could show your knowledge of the field generally throughout. Thanks again!

Original post by cloudy_q
Hi Alex,

I would strongly advise practice writing letters.

By the grace of God I've managed to secure an interview this month.
Also make sure your spelling and grammar is good.
My assessment was to write a letter of recommendation to a go in regards to my client.

I simply mentioned referrals to housing, mental health services, psychiatric team and also medical team.
I have a social work interview test on the 10th of Jan, what should i do to prep
Original post by jbecca
Hi, I was just wondering if anyonei had any tips for an entrance exam and interview for social work??
I have it next week and now it's approaching I'm really nervous!!!

Any help would be much appreciated,
Thank you!!

have my exam tomo and interview I'll be sure to say what the questions are
Reply 13
Hey! I know this was a long time ago, I hope you see this and I hope everything worked out for you! what was the interview and exam like? are there any helpful online resources? i am applying to UK schools but i am americana nd am unfamiliar with the process. What kind of questions did they ask ont he exam, is it something you can study for or was it more common-sense questions?Hey! I know this was a long time ago, I hope you see this and I hope everything worked out for you! what was the interview and exam like? are there any helpful online resources? i am applying to UK schools but i am americana nd am unfamiliar with the process. What kind of questions did they ask ont he exam, is it something you can study for or was it more common-sense questions?Hey! I know this was a long time ago, I hope you see this and I hope everything worked out for you! what was the interview and exam like? are there any helpful online resources? i am applying to UK schools but i am americana nd am unfamiliar with the process. What kind of questions did they ask ont he exam, is it something you can study for or was it more common-sense questions?
Original post by SyedKazmi
have my exam tomo and interview I'll be sure to say what the questions are
who has ever done a written exam test for social work at university of east london?

Quick Reply

Latest