GCSE Spanish - Perdidos, Short Mini-Essay - Please Check

Watch this thread
Bulbasaur10
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Could somebody mark my writing piece about someone who has survived a plane crash and who had a bad past life. It is GCSE level Spanish but I do not do it at school so it would be great if somebody would check it. P.S. I will tell you where I have missed accents.

Soy de la India, y antes del accidente era me(accent)canico. Lo que menos me gusto(accent) de mi vida en la India era que no me gusto(accent) nada mi trabajo, y adema(accent)s hace dos an(tilde)os mi esposa, que no es allegre, me divorcio(accent)! Tambie(accent)n me llevaba bien con mis padres, pero desde hace uno an(tilde)o ellos no hablado conmigo, y no se(accent) porque esta(accent)n haciendo eso. Espero que mi vida sera(accent) mejor que ahora en el futuro, y tambie(accent)n espero que, si vuelva a la India, no tendre(accent) que vivir cerca de mi familia otra vez, porque me dara(accent) independencia y no tendre(accent) ni estre(accent)s ni ira. La gente siempre me deci(accent)an que me parezco mucho a mis padres y me gustaban, pero hay los odio!

(Don't worry, this is not about me )

Please could someone please correct any mistakes and tell me what level this may be at. Thank you! Please be aware, if this is not obvious already in the length of this passage, that this is not a practice CA or anything!

Actually, also, I am in year 10, and regret not picking two languages for GCSE, and am wondering whether it would be okay for me to start another either next term or year at school. I am stuck choosing between French and Spanish because I love both, but I am more likely to be allowed to do French since I did it last year. (I already do German) Could I hear anyone's thoughts. I have already contacted the school, but because it is the holiday there has been no reply. I understand also that my request is probably a little far-fetched! If you are wondering, I bought the Mira AQA GCSE Spanish textbook to follow to learn Spanish. Also, which of French or Spanish is more respected or is more useful?

Also, is anyone else revising for GCSE English Literature, because I am! I am doing AQA - Poetry: Conflict, Of Mice and Men and Under Milk Wood. Could anybody share any revision tips?
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Heya, I'm going to put this in the languages forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=98
EspDe97
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
[QUOTE=Bulbasaur10;55092363]

Soy de la India, y antes del accidente era mecánico. Lo que menos me gusto(accent) de mi vida en la India era que no me gusto(accent) nada de mi trabajo, y adema(accent)s ¡hace dos an(tilde)os mi esposa, que no es alegre, me divorcio(accent)! Tambie(accent)n me llevaba bien con mis padres, pero desde hace un an(tilde)o ellos no hablan conmigo, y no se(accent) porque esta(accent)n haciendo eso. Espero que mi vida sea mejor que ahora en el futuro, y tambie(accent)n espero que, si vuelvo a la India, no tenga que vivir cerca de mi familia otra vez, porque me dara(accent) independencia y no tendre(accent) ni estre(accent)s ni ira. La gente siempre me deci(accent)a que me parezco mucho a mis padres y eso me gustó (do you meant to say you liked that you look like your parents? If not, ignore this correction - 'eso' y 'gustó'), ¡pero hay los odio!

QUOTE]

I have made corrections in red, I hope its helpful to you! I'm not sure what level it would be at but for GCSE it seems very good to me.

Just a few points on the corrections I've made:
- 'La gente' is always singular
- 'Esperar que' is always followed by the subjunctive
- 'Si', when meaning if, is never followed by the present subjunctive as you used (vuelva). When the other part of the phrase is in the conditional tense, it is followed by the imperfect subjunctive (e.g Si tuviera el tiempo y el dinero, viajaría a Alemania - If I had the time and the money, I would travel go Germany). If the other part is in the present or future, the indicative present is used. If the present subjunctive is used, due to a clause requiring the subjunctive (in your writing, espero que), indicative present is used after si. If you have no idea what I'm talking about when I say imperfect subjunctive, just ignore this part! You don't need to know it for GCSE.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say with the last phrase, 'pero hay los odio'. But I am not a native speaker (am doing A Level), so it may be correct I just don't know. Hopefully a native speaker could help with this
Bulbasaur10
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
[QUOTE=EspDe97;55187479]
(Original post by Bulbasaur10)

Soy de la India, y antes del accidente era mecánico. Lo que menos me gusto(accent) de mi vida en la India era que no me gusto(accent) nada de mi trabajo, y adema(accent)s ¡hace dos an(tilde)os mi esposa, que no es alegre, me divorcio(accent)! Tambie(accent)n me llevaba bien con mis padres, pero desde hace un an(tilde)o ellos no hablan conmigo, y no se(accent) porque esta(accent)n haciendo eso. Espero que mi vida sea mejor que ahora en el futuro, y tambie(accent)n espero que, si vuelvo a la India, no tenga que vivir cerca de mi familia otra vez, porque me dara(accent) independencia y no tendre(accent) ni estre(accent)s ni ira. La gente siempre me deci(accent)a que me parezco mucho a mis padres y eso me gustó (do you meant to say you liked that you look like your parents? If not, ignore this correction - 'eso' y 'gustó'), ¡pero hay los odio!

QUOTE]

I have made corrections in red, I hope its helpful to you! I'm not sure what level it would be at but for GCSE it seems very good to me.

Just a few points on the corrections I've made:
- 'La gente' is always singular
- 'Esperar que' is always followed by the subjunctive
- 'Si', when meaning if, is never followed by the present subjunctive as you used (vuelva). When the other part of the phrase is in the conditional tense, it is followed by the imperfect subjunctive (e.g Si tuviera el tiempo y el dinero, viajaría a Alemania - If I had the time and the money, I would travel go Germany). If the other part is in the present or future, the indicative present is used. If the present subjunctive is used, due to a clause requiring the subjunctive (in your writing, espero que), indicative present is used after si. If you have no idea what I'm talking about when I say imperfect subjunctive, just ignore this part! You don't need to know it for GCSE.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say with the last phrase, 'pero hay los odio'. But I am not a native speaker (am doing A Level), so it may be correct I just don't know. Hopefully a native speaker could help with this
Thank you! Sorry, I think I meant 'hoy', if that makes a difference! I think I meant to say, but today/now I hate them.
EspDe97
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
[QUOTE=Bulbasaur10;55238601]
(Original post by EspDe97)

Thank you! Sorry, I think I meant 'hoy', if that makes a difference! I think I meant to say, but today/now I hate them.
You're welcome! That's ok, yeah that helps! If you don't mean literally today but at the moment, I would say 'pero hoy en día los odio'. Hoy en día means nowadays
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (64)
15.96%
The paper was reasonable (195)
48.63%
Not feeling great about that exam... (100)
24.94%
It was TERRIBLE (42)
10.47%

Watched Threads