The Student Room Group

How much data do you use on your phone a month?

I probably use about 2 GB of data a month. I browse and chat on Facebook everyday, but I make sure I don't stream videos or music to keep the data usage low.
Original post by ImNotSuperman
I probably use about 2 GB of data a month. I browse and chat on Facebook everyday, but I make sure I don't stream videos or music to keep the data usage low.

Usually 4GB when I'm in school.

On WiFi, I average around 30GB a month - fibre optic broadband innit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I absolutely smash my data usage. barely use my phone for calls or texts even though I have 2000 minutes and unlimited texts. On average I use 40gb a month. On occasion I have gone over 100gb :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Air_wolf
I absolutely smash my data usage. barely use my phone for calls or texts even though I have 2000 minutes and unlimited texts. On average I use 40gb a month. On occasion I have gone over 100gb :smile:

What are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pulse.
What are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol i get that alot. Not only do I use it for streaming netflix and the like, I download, I use it for tethering, for business, for music in my car. I have sky broadband at home which is tempermental so I rarely use wifi.
Reply 5
Under 1GB usually. I'm always connected to WiFi when I'm at my flat or my mum's so that always saves the mobile data and I usually turn mobile data off when I'm out to save battery.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Around 1GB, but I'm constantly drawn to any little WiFi hotspot that's available, like a moth is to a flame. :laugh:
Reply 7
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Around 1GB, but I'm constantly drawn to any little WiFi hotspot that's available, like a moth is to a flame. :laugh:

I personally don't have a data plan (yet) so I rely a lot on wifi, like you @thecatwithnohat! Fortunately there are tools that can help you find free wifi. Like WifiMapper, an app that shows you where you can find free hotspots :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Air_wolf
Lol i get that alot. Not only do I use it for streaming netflix and the like, I download, I use it for tethering, for business, for music in my car. I have sky broadband at home which is tempermental so I rarely use wifi.

Is this on the One plan, a dedicated mobile broadband hotspot, or are you paying some crazy overages?
Original post by estel
Is this on the One plan, a dedicated mobile broadband hotspot, or are you paying some crazy overages?

The one plan. But a change in job means I am now at a place where reception is rubbish so nowadays my usage has dropped dramatically :frown:. boring times
Uh well this is really low compared to everyone else but... 100mB :colondollar: I use wifi all the time at home/school and any free hotspots (especially o2 wifi around town) and I can't use it at work so don't really use down data.

However I get through loads of data over wifi thank god we have unlimited

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
About 1gb. I'm using WiFi most of time because most of my time is either spent at home or at uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Since i topped up two weeks ago, I've used 8.5 GB of data, however this is quite low for me. I'm constantly playing music through youtube or watching films on it, and so I go through A LOT of data.

However, this isnt a problem as I'm on giffgaff and it's awesome. I pay £20 and I get unlimited data and texts, and something like 2000 minutes.

Obviously there are cheaper deals that you could look into if you're looking to change plans to a more affordable network without sacrificing your signal; I always have 3+ bars.

You get £5 free credit with giffgaff too which is always nice :')

Https://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/pb_1306

You can look into it or order a free sim here^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe about 200-300MB, I rarely use data because wifi is available almost everywhere for me, the only time I use data is when i'm on the road walking and only to text people or when i'm on a short trip somewhere.
8GB
Being as technologically challenged as I am, I'm not entirely sure how much data I use on a monthly basis. All I know is that I've received a rather worrying number of texts from EE about my data usage. I just hope I'm not doing my phone any damage (I should probably look into that!) :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending