The Student Room Group

How to revise for aqa additional and triple science

I have cgp books for that cover b2&3 , c2&3 and p2&3 but as they're for all exam boards so they have a lot of irrelevant content and are too brief.

Is the spec and bitesize combined with past papers enough to get an a*? I have discovered that bitesize has just paraphrased the spec so I am essentially revising off the spec.

Can you give any revision tips?
Also when did you start revising for unit 2 and 3?
Reply 1
Hello! I love the CGP books as they too take their information directly for the spec. However, you need to get the specific exam board so, as you said, you don't end up learning unnecessary information. Are you with OCR? Also, bite size is also brilliant and it's good to have a second revision source. It's great that you've printed out the specification (most people don't), so you can stay on track on the essential information only. Past papers is a must after learning all the content to understand the exam format, do plenty of them. All of those combined is definitely enough to achieve an A*. I intertwine all of these methods and get A* in all my science tests so you have the right idea! In terms of learning the information, flash cards are life savers. I use StudyBlue (just Google it), it's a website which allows you to easily create, prepare and organise flash cards (or you could just do the old fashioned way and write them out). Other revision tips include to create mind maps linking different ideas, creating booklets of the information, searching for Youtube clips online and if you're with AQA, the mygcsescience is said to have worked wonders so definitely Google that. In answer to your last question, I started them about a week ago, but i've stopped doing science because I need to focus on different subjects. I have my B1,2,3 C1,2 etc… before the half term so I'll concentrate on the other topics after half term. Hope this helps!
(edited 9 years ago)
Get the AQA revision book its alot better, well i think anyway
My tip would be to condense the information from the revision guides so you can word it as effectively as possible in exams. Only stick to important facts and don't waffle.
Original post by SceneKid17
Get the AQA revision book its alot better, well i think anyway

Totally agree directly from the spec.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
phew! I thought I was doing it all wrong
Reply 6
Original post by 'Chris'
Hello! I love the CGP books as they too take their information directly for the spec. However, you need to get the specific exam board so, as you said, you don't end up learning unnecessary information. Are you with OCR? Also, bite size is also brilliant and it's good to have a second revision source. It's great that you've printed out the specification (most people don't), so you can stay on track on the essential information only. Past papers is a must after learning all the content to understand the exam format, do plenty of them. All of those combined is definitely enough to achieve an A*. I intertwine all of these methods and get A* in all my science tests so you have the right idea! In terms of learning the information, flash cards are life savers. I use StudyBlue (just Google it), it's a website which allows you to easily create, prepare and organise flash cards (or you could just do the old fashioned way and write them out). Other revision tips include to create mind maps linking different ideas, creating booklets of the information, searching for Youtube clips online and if you're with AQA, the mygcsescience is said to have worked wonders so definitely Google that. In answer to your last question, I started them about a week ago, but i've stopped doing science because I need to focus on different subjects. I have my B1,2,3 C1,2 etc… before the half term so I'll concentrate on the other topics after half term. Hope this helps!

I'm doing ocr. Study blue looks pretty good but writing it out the old fashioned way helps me memorise it better. Apparently you have to pay now for unit 2 & 3 of mygcsescience
Reply 7
Also how much revision have y'all managed to do over easter hols? I've managed to do a minimum of 2hrs a day.
Original post by joyalrj22
Also how much revision have y'all managed to do over easter hols? I've managed to do a minimum of 2hrs a day.

Probably 3 for me. Not bad but still regretting it a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by joyalrj22
I'm doing ocr. Study blue looks pretty good but writing it out the old fashioned way helps me memorise it better. Apparently you have to pay now for unit 2 & 3 of mygcsescience

I'm not sure about mygcsesience but okay, whatever works for you. Also, I've probably done 4-5 hours a day but when May comes i'll start doing 6-7. But remember it's not the quantity you do, it's the productivity of your revision which matters.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending