The Student Room Group

a level help please (and life :/)

This is going to sound really stupid but basically my life is a mess right now, i am in year 12 AS year, doing Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Spanish.
I am dropping physics next year as i never have a clue what is going on, i wanted to drop spanish too as i constantly get Ds in my mocks and i am just not good at it, but i can't drop two subjects. My other two subjects are on track for an A though.
But my main concern for help is what to do university or post sixth form, i am not good enough at solely chemistry or solely maths to do one of them at university, and there is nothing that i would 'love' to do, and my form tutor wants me to finish my personal statement by monday, and we need to plan our work experience by next week for July and i have no clue what i want to do, so yeah any ideas would be appreciated greatly!
Thank you
(sorry for how desperate this sounds i am just a mess :tongue: )
Reply 1
Original post by ella_chloe
This is going to sound really stupid but basically my life is a mess right now, i am in year 12 AS year, doing Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Spanish.
I am dropping physics next year as i never have a clue what is going on, i wanted to drop spanish too as i constantly get Ds in my mocks and i am just not good at it, but i can't drop two subjects. My other two subjects are on track for an A though.
But my main concern for help is what to do university or post sixth form, i am not good enough at solely chemistry or solely maths to do one of them at university, and there is nothing that i would 'love' to do, and my form tutor wants me to finish my personal statement by monday, and we need to plan our work experience by next week for July and i have no clue what i want to do, so yeah any ideas would be appreciated greatly!
Thank you

Personal statements??:eek: I'd put my a levels into a generator and see what most people did as a starting point
Original post by ella_chloe
Thank you

Hey, don't stress too much about your A-levels, to be on track for two A's is very good! You also have time to bring your grade up in Spanish :smile:.

My advice would be to get work experience in something that is quite open and so doesn't restrict you. Having said that any work experience on a personal statement or CV looks good, so see what you can find. If you have no intention of going into the medical professions then I wouldn't panic about work experience, because universities will particularly want work experience if you're applying for courses related to the medical careers, but if that's not the case then there's no need to worry.

Also with you're A-levels you don't have to specifically do something in those, they're are so many courses out there that don't even require specific A-levels, just certain grades. Also some university courses may require some of your A-levels which may interest you. My advice would be to research some university courses or careers, book some university open days and see whether it is for you. But honestly don't worry. You could even do a gap year after A-levels and if you suddenly change your mind with career choices then you could get work experience during a gap year.

I hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest