ahsan_ijaz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Why would the volume of blood be more viscous in the capillary ?

literally searched the whole unit 2 for an anewer ? It's a general question I guess with a generic answer
Doctor_Einstein
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ahsan_ijaz)
Why would the volume of blood leaving the capillary network into the veins be less than the volume of blood entering the veins?

literally searched the whole unit 2 for an anewer ? It's a general question I guess with a generic answer
I'm sure I can help you if only I understood what you are asking, as your question is riddled with errors. For starters capillaries receive blood ultimately from arteries, while veins + lymphatics return blood. Thus you would expect a greater volume of blood to be delivered through the arteries than returned through the veins.
Doctor_Einstein
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If the blood flow in arterioles in arteriole is greater than the blood flow in capillary , why wouldn't blood accumulate in arteriole??
The velocity of blood in capillaries is slower, because the total cross-sectional area of all capillaries is greater than of all arteries, thus the total flow of volume is the same in both arteries and capillaries.
Doctor_Einstein
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
But why would the blood accumulate? Thanks a lot for answering though
Wouldn't this lead to a same overall diameter
And could a potential
Answer be that arteriole provide a lot of capillaries with blood ? I got this answer
Of another forum

Looks wrong to me
But suppose the flow is 4L/minute. Then this will be the case for both arteries, arterioles and capillaries.

But since the total cross-sectional area of arteries is less than that of capillaries, the velocity measured in meters/second is going to be greater in the arteries than in the capillaries, to ensure total flow of volume is constant.
thegodofgod
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A bit of error at the end of that question - I meant the volume of blood entering from the *arteries
Have you covered hydrostatic and osmotic pressure?
ahsan_ijaz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, dont worry i understand what mr.einstein is referring to their - thanks a lot

in any question which asks you to evaluate using two different sources - or two different activities for example

what must you do to get the marks?

anyone who does a level biology is more than welcome to answer - or anyone i dont mind as long as the answers are sensible

thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (8)
14.55%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (13)
23.64%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (4)
7.27%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (8)
14.55%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (4)
7.27%
I think it's an unfair expectation (16)
29.09%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
3.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise