The Student Room Group

What do you believe will happen to you after death and why?

Scroll to see replies

Sometimes I feel die will be better than life but still when I got to the point where I thought I was gonna die it scared me. As a christian I believe that we will finally see God as if we can having conversation with him directly and can get all unanswered questions to be answered. It might sounds cliche for those who don't believe in God but that's what I believe.
Reply 21
This may seem bizarre but I think that aliens exist.I think that all the strong country governments know this and there may even be aliens in contact with the president and prime minister.Just like humans..there are the bad and good ones.The bad aliens are buddying up with the most powerful on earth pretending to be on their side but will eventually turn against them.However,there are good aliens that go under the name of G.O.D in which created the world and the human spieces.There is evil in the world due to the fact that our creators are no longer involved in the world but sometimes watch over their creations to see how long it will last.The world will end due to the suns explosion and the aliens will prepare for this by getting a child male and female and taking it to another planet to extend the human race.

this seems soo unrealistic but then again there is evidence of UFO spottings(in which get hidden from the world due to government power) Also there is a clip on YouTube (probably unreliable) but one of the secret services face starts to change during one of Obamas speech... overall this theory explains why there's evil and suffering and other things.
Reply 22
Original post by Dasyia
This may seem bizarre but I think that aliens exist.I think that all the strong country governments know this and there may even be aliens in contact with the president and prime minister.Just like humans..there are the bad and good ones.The bad aliens are buddying up with the most powerful on earth pretending to be on their side but will eventually turn against them.However,there are good aliens that go under the name of G.O.D in which created the world and the human spieces.There is evil in the world due to the fact that our creators are no longer involved in the world but sometimes watch over their creations to see how long it will last.The world will end due to the suns explosion and the aliens will prepare for this by getting a child male and female and taking it to another planet to extend the human race.

this seems soo unrealistic but then again there is evidence of UFO spottings(in which get hidden from the world due to government power) Also there is a clip on YouTube (probably unreliable) but one of the secret services face starts to change during one of Obamas speech... overall this theory explains why there's evil and suffering and other things.

The universe is so huge for us to be alone. No one what we really are or what is beyond the universe so we would only be speculating, all I know is life really is stranger than fiction.
Not sure what happens when you die, guess we will find out one day. I don't believe that our very soul/spirit/ consciousness/whatever is simply extinguished. There is so many wonders in the universe, and death is one of them, but one that everybody has to see for themselves.
No reason to fear the inevitable. Enjoy life while you're here.

What happens when we die? Either I'll go to some sort of afterlife and still be able to think, be reincarnated and live in another form, or it'll be nothing, and I'll be well past caring.
Reply 25
I'm not afraid of death and what lies beyond as I have faith in God.

If I didn't have my faith then I would most probably spend a lot of time contemplating what life was all about and most probably the meaninglessness of it all, I feel pretty sure I would think that there would be no good reason for it, I'd be like 'so what, we just evolved to become this?'
Original post by Racoon
If I didn't have my faith then I would most probably spend a lot of time contemplating what life was all about and most probably the meaninglessness of it all, I feel pretty sure I would think that there would be no good reason for it, I'd be like 'so what, we just evolved to become this?'

I was actually thinking this the other day. (I have no religion).

Like, what are our lives? We don't serve any purpose. We're born, are educated - to an extent - then the vast majority of us spend our life working until we die. And our children just repeat the process.

Sure we've made great scientific discoveries and stuff, but what use are they as well? What IS the point of it all. Or is the point that there is no point. We have no other worldly purpose and we just accidentally came into being, so we're just gonna do whatever, screw sh*t up, until the human race dies out, or the earth implodes, and the apocalypse occurs.

I should probably just go to bed.

Also, no I'm not afraid of death per se. I am afraid of dying young though. Who knows what happens after death? I just expect that we're reincarnated, and we'll never know. Once we die, that's it, that consciousness is gone and you are a new one, in a new body. Except you're not you anymore. Eh. Kinda creepy to think about actually. I hope that's not it. It'd be weird for all of your memories to just be wiped from the world.
Reply 27
Original post by blackened_sky
I was actually thinking this the other day. (I have no religion).

Like, what are our lives? We don't serve any purpose. We're born, are educated - to an extent - then the vast majority of us spend our life working until we die. And our children just repeat the process.

Sure we've made great scientific discoveries and stuff, but what use are they as well? What IS the point of it all. Or is the point that there is no point. We have no other worldly purpose and we just accidentally came into being, so we're just gonna do whatever, screw sh*t up, until the human race dies out, or the earth implodes, and the apocalypse occurs.

I should probably just go to bed.

Also, no I'm not afraid of death per se. I am afraid of dying young though. Who knows what happens after death? I just expect that we're reincarnated, and we'll never know. Once we die, that's it, that consciousness is gone and you are a new one, in a new body. Except you're not you anymore. Eh. Kinda creepy to think about actually. I hope that's not it. It'd be weird for all of your memories to just be wiped from the world.

Yeah,:smile: its just a case of live die repeat (unless you get your meaning and understanding from God as I do, this helps to make sense of it - as much as is humanly possible).
Original post by Racoon
Yeah,:smile: its just a case of live die repeat (unless you get your meaning and understanding from God as I do, this helps to make sense of it - as much as is humanly possible).

I picked up the Tibetan Book of the Dead a few years back but never got around to reading more than the first couple of sections, might have to indulge in it again.

Religion's really interesting, especially when it comes to things like this. I used to be one of those d*ckhead atheists who called religion BS at any opportunity but I grew out of it thankfully. After I read that I might pick up a few other related books, with different religious basis'. Could be fun.
Reply 29
Original post by parrot16
And are you afraid of death?

We decay and our atoms go back into the air, ground, trees ect. As for any eternal life, no, i dont believe in an afterlife. I dont believe people are looking down on us or a man with a beard and pearly white gates. Not because im an athiest but We just decay.
Reply 30
Original post by blackened_sky
I picked up the Tibetan Book of the Dead a few years back but never got around to reading more than the first couple of sections, might have to indulge in it again.

Religion's really interesting, especially when it comes to things like this. I used to be one of those d*ckhead atheists who called religion BS at any opportunity but I grew out of it thankfully. After I read that I might pick up a few other related books, with different religious basis'. Could be fun.

Can I recommend something for you to read without people on here thinking I'm too preachy:tongue:?

The New Testament.

I'd be interested in hearing your comments on it.
Original post by Racoon
Can I recommend something for you to read without people on here thinking I'm too preachy:tongue:?

The New Testament.

I'd be interested in hearing your comments on it.

Haha I'm open to it. After all, it's at the very least a good story right? :wink:

It's definitely something I've always been wanting to read though. I guess it's something most people should read before they start bashing it as well actually.

There's usually a copy to be found in the local charity shops so I'll try and pick one up ASAP.
Original post by mjrd
We decay and our atoms go back into the air, ground, trees ect. As for any eternal life, no, i dont believe in an afterlife. I dont believe people are looking down on us or a man with a beard and pearly white gates. Not because im an athiest but We just decay.

I believe this too.:smile:
I fear the thought of suffering while i die and of change, i suppose i'm also afraid about what will happen to those i would leave behind.

I'm angostic so i have no particaular view on the afterlife but i like the thought of reincanrtion
Reply 34
It'll be the exact same experience prior to being born.
I dont believe in an afterlife so deaths pretty much it for me
Reply 36
I don't think anything will happen.

But yes, I am scared.
Reply 37
It'll be like going through an exam :u:
We continue to be conscience and over time we access the whole of our brain and create a physical body and world and live again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you remember swimming in your dad's ballsack? ...Yeah well being dead is the same as that

Quick Reply

Latest