The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yes
Yes, but only when they're little. Once they get to like 4 a kiss on the cheek would be best. I don't think I ever kissed my parents on the lips though, always the cheek...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I will.:yep:

I don't think it's really weird or anything :dontknow:
Original post by Blue_Mason
I find it to be odd and disturbing, as they should be boundaries when it comes to love and affection. I have just seen a woman kiss her son on the lips and my god was it beyond strange
how old was the child?
Original post by Naveed-7
As a man, probably not. Only on the cheek. Ive seen a guy who makes videos on Youtube, kissing his 9 year old niece on the lips. She had make up on. I found it quite weird.
:lolwut::lolwut:
Original post by Wilfred Little
Apologies. Wasn't sure.

Was a good joke btw.

Since when did Mo suck on boy's tongues :confused:
Original post by beeninetytwo
Yeah, I will.:yep:

I don't think it's really weird or anything :dontknow: how old was the child? :lolwut::lolwut:

Around 10
Original post by sarahellens
Yes. Women get such a strong feeling to kiss their child on the lips bacause they are acatully taking in any bacteria on the childs mouth. Then the breast will began to produce antibodies to help the childs body fight against the bacteria and generally keep their immune system up. So if you are a mom and are currently breasting then you should kiss your child on the lips whenever possible. This is one of the many reasons why breast feeding is so important to the survival of the child. I would discourage a father of the child from doing so cause its likely they are giving bacteria to the child which may damage their health

Why would a father doing the same thing introduce bacteria rather than remove it in the same way as the mother? Could the mother also not be introducing bacteria into the child? :confused:

btw is this an actual accepted theory or is it just an untested hypothesis someone's put forward?
Reply 26
My friend has a 4 year old daughter and kisses her on the lips. I think so does the child's auntie, dad, and the mum's boyfriend.

I think it's weird to kiss a child on the lips who ever you are and whatever age you are. Although it's interesting what one poster said about it being good for the immune system while breast feeding.

I spoke to my boyfriend about this and he agrees but said what if the child kisses you on the lips, would you tell them not to? They wouldn't understand why! So I think you should not kiss your child on the lips but also not make a big deal about it if they kiss you on the lips.
Reply 27
Original post by Zargabaath
Why would a father doing the same thing introduce bacteria rather than remove it in the same way as the mother? Could the mother also not be introducing bacteria into the child? :confused:

btw is this an actual accepted theory or is it just an untested hypothesis someone's put forward?

The mother does not remove the bacteria but instead is able to pass antibodies to the child for those bacteria through breast milk.
Extremely disturbing thread.
I was actually reading an article on this the other day, I think when they are little it's cute (like 2-4) after that it seems to become a bit weird.
You mother doesn't love you if she doesn't kiss you.

I'm sorry.
Original post by Bobbi!
The mother does not remove the bacteria but instead is able to pass antibodies to the child for those bacteria through breast milk.

Yeah I realised what she was saying after I posted that. Any bacteria the mother does pass on to the child wont matter anyway, as she'll also be passing on antibodies to fight it, whereas the father can't. I forgot fathers can't pass on the antibodies lol

i dont you think you understand the realtionship between babies and mums. How will the father remove bacteria from the babies??? Wipe it with bleach?? Cause thats the only way that you possible get rid of any/All bacteria on the babies mouth indefinitiely. Bleach could kill babies. The mother can intorduce bacteria to the babies HOWEVER her breastmilk is already producing antibodies that counteract any bacteria on the mothers body. The breasts does this continously and baiscally protects the baby from any other possible infections and diseases. As well as kissing, skin to skin contact is also highly encouraged. If you interested their many websites that talk about this. It is well accepted fact and has been for many years. I found out when i read some nhs baby books when my friend got preggos

http://www.birthunlimited.ca/parenting/23-why-mothers-kiss-their-babies.html

http://www.nctba.org/#article/3933

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/why-breastfeed.aspx
No, never.
Original post by sarahellens
i dont you think you understand the realtionship between babies and mums. How will the father remove bacteria from the babies??? Wipe it with bleach?? Cause thats the only way that you possible get rid of any/All bacteria on the babies mouth indefinitiely. Bleach could kill babies. The mother can intorduce bacteria to the babies HOWEVER her breastmilk is already producing antibodies that counteract any bacteria on the mothers body. The breasts does this continously and baiscally protects the baby from any other possible infections and diseases. As well as kissing, skin to skin contact is also highly encouraged. If you interested their many websites that talk about this. It is well accepted fact and has been for many years. I found out when i read some nhs baby books when my friend got preggos

http://www.birthunlimited.ca/parenting/23-why-mothers-kiss-their-babies.html

http://www.nctba.org/#article/3933

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/why-breastfeed.aspx

See this post, I didn't realise what she was saying until after I posted that comment. Sleep deprivation is a bitch :biggrin:

Yeah I realised what she was saying after I posted that. Any bacteria the mother does pass on to the child wont matter anyway, as she'll also be passing on antibodies to fight it, whereas the father can't. I forgot fathers can't pass on the antibodies lol
Original post by TheTipsyTarsier
I dunno, yeah? When they're little? I stopped kissing my mammy on the lips when I was like 10. Never kissed my dad on the lips.

Why didn't you want to kiss your Dad on the lips, do you love him less or something?
Original post by iamintorture
Since when did Mo suck on boy's tongues :confused:

I don't know if he did or didn't, but go and have a look at The Masked Arab's video on paedophilia on Youtube. He mentions Big Mo doing that there, that's how I recognised it.
Nope :erm:
Apparently kissing originated from when mothers used to chew the young child's food and feed it to them mouth to mouth. This was common among many species in the animal kingdom, including homo sapiens. It would promote the release of certain neurotransmitters and create a feeling of maternal affection. After a certain age this would stop.

Many, many years down the line kissing became linked to other relationship as well. So kissing a child on the lips shouldn't be all that weird, but after a certain age perhaps.
I found this really strange that you found it so weird to see a child kissing their parent. I mean I kissed my parents and family members on the lips when I was younger and if I were to kiss my Mum on the lips now (even at 19) I wouldn't think it was odd or strange, personally. I understand how everyone is different and people show effection, but you might just be reading too much into it. I mean if a child were to go around kissing everybody they saw on the lips I would think its weird but their parents no.

Latest