Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm an AS student who is going to be sitting the AQA RS exam on the 14th May 2015. My sixth form is studying Utilitarianism, Situation ethics and the nature and value of human life for ethics (unit 1) As well as The cosmological argument, religious experience and psychology and religion for philosophy (unit 2).
    I would appreciate any help from previous AS or current AS students in terms of notes, how to structure the essay, any predictions for this years exam etc. I'm really struggling with revision and do not feel prepared at all so any help will be appreciated. I'm more than happy to help if anyone needs it too.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya , I'm doing the same units , the only thing I can suggest is that question cards are really useful . I was struggling with what to start with as every unit is in so much detail so I just read through my revision guide and made question cards on everything I read but didn't know ,then get someone to quiz you daily or whenever your revision timetable says RS then hopefully you will start understanding quicker as they will be small notes to stick in your mind.

Also , make them colour coded to the unit so you can associate the notes with certain colours , apparently it helps remember things easier, this might not work for you but personally it really helped , especially with the cosmological argument as its so complex.

In terms of what could come up , looking at the past papers I haven't seen one which focuses solely on mystical experiences for the religious experience unit so I don't know if that means its unlikely or really likely they could ask a question based on that this year.

Hope I've helped.

ReputationRep:
    The Answer is 42!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm also doing this exam but for RSS02, I am doing Kant and Natural law. I don't think this question has come up yet but if anyone had any ideas of what one could write for this I would appreciate it.
    Howcoherent is Kant's idea of the Summum Bonum?

My tips would be to read as many part 2 questions (evaluation) and write out a table with agree on one side and disagree on the other. If you do this for all of the 'issues arising' on the specification and a few more unusual ones from past papers you should be pretty prepared. good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 28, 2015

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.