Catered or self -catered at Devonshire hall?Watch
I really like Devonshire Hall, but can't decide between catered or self-catered. Is one better than the other?
I have a friend living at catered but it isn't all too different (in terms of rooms and space) apart from the kitchen being bigger in ours (depending on how many flatmates you're living with) and tight meal times!
Devonshire also has regular formal dinners as well so.. free food!
- do many arts students (i’m going to studying history) go there?
- does it feel distant/disconnected from the main campus (im interested in joining some societies and making good use out of the edge)?
- is it really full of yahs? i go to a state school but does that matter if im pretty sociable?
- does it matter if you dont play a musical instrument? (iv heard it has a rep for being particularly musical)
and also about Central Village:
1. is it really unsociable? iv heard its got a rep for being really antisocial and if so then i dont think id like it there
2. is it really noisy? i want somewhere where i am going to be able to work because im doing history which has low contact hours
if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated