The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ok i am now considering changing one of my subjects or dropping one.
Which subject do you think would be good??
Lyd
Reply 21
Do the subjects you know you enjoy at GCSE.
giddylid1
Ok i am now considering changing one of my subjects or dropping one.
Which subject do you think would be good??
Lyd

Thats really good advice from Nylex. Lots of people seem to think that a new subject is sure to be more interesting than the ones they're doing already! There's no logic to that, is there? Not a good idea to do more than one new subject, I think, unless you really need it for your career/uni course.
ICT can be boring, but its very easy to understand. if your good at english, but can also think logically, then you're going find ICT really easy. but you have to be motivated and dedicated enough to put in time afetr college hours if you want success in A2. the coursework is very demanding and you have to keep very organised because you have to meet internal deadlines.

The concept of Psychology is interesting, but you will find the lessons a doddle because theyre SO BORING! its a fairly easy subject, and most people do really well. its mostly about learning theories.

dont worryyy you'll be finnee. think about us, the ones doing physicsm chemistry and biology argh
hope that helped x
Reply 24
giddylid1
Hi! I am studying A level Psychology, ICT, RE and English lang/lit combined next year and i'm just wondering if anyone who has taken these subjects can tell me a bit about them.
At the moment I am extremely scared and nervous that I am not going to get in college, and that I will find the subjects (especially ICT) too hard.

Thanks as always,
Lyd

Hey,
I can give u a bit of info as I study RE, ICT & English lang/lit at the moment. RE is not at all like gcse. You study about different philosophers theories such as Kant and his theory of the categorical imperative. Its really interesting, I much prefer it 2 rather than gcse and I think u will 2. ICt is quite hard though I find. You have 2 do cwk worth 40% and the exam board OCR Im doing have given us 4 structured tasks. In them, u use the software, Excel and Access. I would reccomend u buy a book on each of these software as the formulaes can be a bit complex sometimes. The advantage of the ICT though is that the theory u learn is very similar 2 gcse (so its kinda good)
In english, u do 2 pieces of cwk 4 different audiences and purposes in the style of another author. I wrote a speech in the style of martin luther king 4 example. 4 the exam u study the bfg and alice in wonderland which I love, there gr8 books and fun 2. U have 2 talk about the thems, attitudes and language in both books.
Hope this helps 4 next year

From Celine :biggrin:

i'd definately recommend psychology if you're interested in all aspects of human behaviour and mental processes, i find it fascinating and cant wait to do it at degree level. however, lots of people take it under the false idea that its an easy ride which it's certainly not...be prepared for lots of hard work.

Latest

Trending

Trending