The Student Room Group

How to improve my maths grade?

I'm only predicted a C but I'd really like to get an A.. any top tips on how to revise?
Reply 1
Past Papers, If you get stuck on a question, write it down and ask the teacher when it is convenient. Just do a paper or two a day and you should be fine.
Original post by Rosehc
I'm only predicted a C but I'd really like to get an A.. any top tips on how to revise?

Do everything. Revise and learn how to do everything you need, it really isn't hard. I got an A and left the second paper over half an hour early to go to a dentist appointment. If you learn every equation, how to manipulate, how to do bearings, trigonometry, umm like I said, EVERYTHING! It will take up a lot of your time but if you knuckle down then nothing will surprise you when it comes to the exam.
Reply 3
Thank you!
Original post by Rosehc

Like the posts above - do past papers! They'll get you used to the format of the questions that come up and when I did them, there was a distinct pattern in the papers in terms of question styles.

Of course, doing past papers and not improving won't help much. :smile: After each past paper, write down the topics areas which you lost marks on and review these topics in depth. Then when you do the next past paper, you'll hopefully get a better mark - repeat the process of reviewing the weaker topics so that your revision is targeted towards topics you are less comfortable with and more likely to lose marks on. That way, you're constantly improving. :biggrin:

Certain topics are also considered to be for higher grade boundaries so revise these in depth (lots of questions as for maths, basically you need to understand then just do loads of practise). Don't lose 'easy' marks though! Read the questions carefully for what they want you to find etc.

Practise is basically key. :smile: Good luck!
Original post by Rosehc
Thank you!

Don't worry about it. The more you know the less you'll fear when it comes to the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest