Applying for Accommodation = confused HELP

Watch this thread
mcCarnage
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm applying for accommodation at LSE and want to put Carr Saunders as my first choice (30 week contract) and I want to put Bankside as my second (38 week contract)
but when I go to apply it asks to pick a preferred lease length (i don't really care about lease length) but it means you can only have accommodation with the same lease length so I can't put Carr Saunders as top and Bankside as next
wondering if anyone knows a way round this or can help ????
JamjamjamT
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mcCarnage)
I'm applying for accommodation at LSE and want to put Carr Saunders as my first choice (30 week contract) and I want to put Bankside as my second (38 week contract)
but when I go to apply it asks to pick a preferred lease length (i don't really care about lease length) but it means you can only have accommodation with the same lease length so I can't put Carr Saunders as top and Bankside as next
wondering if anyone knows a way round this or can help ????
I don't think there is a way around it. You have to consider the lease length though because it will have an effect in the Holidays. If you have a 30 week lease, then you have to completely empty your room and move out for both the Christmas and Easter holidays whereas you do not have to if you have a 38 week lease. Then you have to consider if you want a catered option or not and then you have to pick your 6 halls.
Work out what your most important priority of the lease length, catered/non catered and particular hall is and then go from there. Lots of people have had similar problems - have a look at the Accommodation thread.
mcCarnage
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by JamjamjamT)
I don't think there is a way around it. You have to consider the lease length though because it will have an effect in the Holidays. If you have a 30 week lease, then you have to completely empty your room and move out for both the Christmas and Easter holidays whereas you do not have to if you have a 38 week lease. Then you have to consider if you want a catered option or not and then you have to pick your 6 halls.
Work out what your most important priority of the lease length, catered/non catered and particular hall is and then go from there. Lots of people have had similar problems - have a look at the Accommodation thread.
cool thanks yea it's annoying because I don't really care about moving out at the holidays or not just wanted to have a second choice with more chance of getting in
I've chosen now just had to go all 30 week lease
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (229)
41.94%
The paper was reasonable (233)
42.67%
Not feeling great about that exam... (50)
9.16%
It was TERRIBLE (34)
6.23%

Watched Threads