The Student Room Group

Prefect application, please help!

I'm applying to be a prefect in my school and the only requirement for the application is "no more than an A4 paper". Therefore I'm quite confused about what should I write. Furthermore, English is not my native language so can anybody my grammar please.

Dear Miss ___

I am applying to be a prefect because I think it is a great opportunity for me to give something back for all of the opportunities the school has given me. Even though I joined _____ this school year, I had a brilliant experience and wish to serve the school community in my capacity.

Although I only came to the school’s sixth form this school year, this should not suggest a lack of ‘experience”. The fact that I was a boarding prefect in my old school for a term means that I already had the experience of being a prefect. I also applied to be a temporary prefect at the end of last year and during school open days, and is familiar with prefect’s duties and responsibilities.

I consider myself as a suitable candidate for the role of a prefect as I feel I am a patient and caring person who loves to help people. I would love to be someone the younger years and my peers can look up to and ask for help from. I like to think I am approachable, non- judgemental, empathetic and fair. Furthermore I am punctual and have a high attendance which means I am responsible, reliable and will always be there on time for duties.

I am currently in the sixth form student council and want to do more to help the school and the peers. Being a prefect give me a great opportunity to help more people more directly.

Yours sincerely.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest