The Student Room Group

Limitations with GCSE grades

I am set to take my GCSE's in the summer and I wanted to know if getting a C in all 3 of my sciences (Core, Additional, Further Additional) and in maths is acceptable and will it be a problem if I do not get higher than a C as in will it affect my chances of getting into a good University. English, History and Ethics & Philosophy (basically any essay based subject) are my strongest subjects and I am on track to get A/A*'s. I am also going to take English, History and Pyschology at A-Level. I am predicted A's in all Sciences and a B in Maths however I am worried if I do not get them, it could hinder me in the future. Any opinions/factual evidence etc would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mayem9
I am set to take my GCSE's in the summer and I wanted to know if getting a C in all 3 of my sciences (Core, Additional, Further Additional) and in maths is acceptable and will it be a problem if I do not get higher than a C as in will it affect my chances of getting into a good University. English, History and Ethics & Philosophy (basically any essay based subject) are my strongest subjects and I am on track to get A/A*'s. I am also going to take English, History and Pyschology at A-Level. I am predicted A's in all Sciences and a B in Maths however I am worried if I do not get them, it could hinder me in the future. Any opinions/factual evidence etc would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :smile:

It depends on the subject you want to take at University level. If you are looking to take a Science/Maths course, C's might be a problem at the better Universities. However, a 'pass' at GCSE (so a C-grade or above) is usually what's required, if they are required, at most places :h:

Quick Reply

Latest