Will the world change when humans have personal force fields? Watch

Lady Comstock
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Say you have your 2030 Apple Watch mark 10.2, which includes personal force field. You are walking down a dodgy street in London at 3.00am nonchalantly. This is because the forcefield protects you from any external harm, be it physical assault or gun shots.

Would such a device, which is fully possible in the near future, change society completely?
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lady Comstock)
Would such a device, which is fully possible in the near future, change society completely?
I call bs.

Based on what?
justanotherposter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Even if this was possible it would require far too much energy to fit on a watch, my phone can't even go half a day of internet browsing without needing to recharge. In any case the only force field research I'm aware of is to stop shockwaves or radiation, they would do nothing to physical attacks or bullets.
Lady Comstock
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by justanotherposter)
Even if this was possible it would require far too much energy to fit on a watch, my phone can't even go half a day of internet browsing without needing to recharge. In any case the only force field research I'm aware of is to stop shockwaves or radiation, they would do nothing to physical attacks or bullets.
Compare 1980s hardrives/capacity to now and be astounded.
Pulse.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What if the force field doesn't recognise your clothes and blows them off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Birkenhead
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, I can't see how a forcefield that protected humans from any external harm would change society in the slightest. I cannot see any possible implications of such an invention.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (364)
59%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.35%
No- I want it (175)
28.36%
No- I don't want it (45)
7.29%

Watched Threads