The Student Room Group

Prefect application, please help!

Hi everyone, I'm applying for sixth form prefect this year. Cam anyone see my letter and give some advise please.

Dear ______

I am applying to be a prefect because I think it is a great opportunity for me to give something back for all of the opportunities the school has given me. Even though I joined ____ this school year, I had a brilliant experience and wish to serve the school community in my capacity.

During the school year, school offered wild range of activities, competitions, clubs and societies. I joined the Biology, attended many 42 lectures, won gold in the Senior Maths Challenge and silver in Chemistry Olympiad. I also did a lot of volunteer work with charities such as Papworth Trust and Oxfam. Besides all the studying and activities, I believe still have time and energy for prefect duties.

Although I only came to the school’s sixth form this school year, this should not suggest a lack of ‘experience”. The fact that I was a boarding prefect in my old school for a term means that I already had the experience of being a prefect. I also applied to be a temporary prefect at the end of last year and during school open days, and is familiar with prefect’s duties and responsibilities.

I consider myself as a suitable candidate for the role of a prefect as I feel I am a patient and caring person who loves to help people. I would love to be someone the younger years and my peers can look up to and ask for help from. I like to think I am approachable, non- judgemental, empathetic and fair. Furthermore I am punctual and have a high attendance which means I am responsible, reliable and will always be there on time for duties.

I am currently in the sixth form school student council and want to do more to help the school and my peers. Being a prefect give me an opportunity to help more people more directly.

Yours Sincerely
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi everyone, I'm applying for sixth form prefect this year. Cam anyone see my letter and give some advise please.
________________________________ ________________________

Dear ______

I am applying to be a prefect because I think it is a great opportunity for me to give something back for all of the opportunities the school has given me. Even though I joined ____ this school year, I (have) had a brilliant experience and (would love) to serve the school community in my capacity. (my capacity doesn't really make sense, would go for something like "to serve the school community in any way possible")

During the (take out school) year, (add "the") school offered (a) (wide) range of activities, competitions, clubs and societies. I joined the Biology (the biology what? club?), attended many 42 lectures(not sure what you are saying here, you attended 42 extracurricular biology sessions?), won gold in the Senior Maths Challenge and silver in Chemistry Olympiad. I (have) also (done) a lot of volunteer work with charities such as Papworth Trust and Oxfam. (Taking into consideration) all the studying and activities (I have partaken in), I believe (I) still have time and energy for (the role of prefect and all its responsibilities. With your consideration I would like to take on this responsibility.)

Although I only came to (this) school’s sixth form this school year (took this out) should not suggest a lack of experience. The fact that I was a boarding prefect in my old school (dont mention for how long and they will assume its longer) means that I (have) already had the experience (that comes with fulfillment of the duties of the role that "prefect" demands.) I also applied (did you actually do it? if so, put "I was also a temporary prefect" instead of "i also applied) to be a temporary prefect at the end of last year and during school open days, and (I would love to continue my work in this capacity).

I consider myself as a suitable candidate for the role of a prefect as I feel I am a patient and caring person who loves to help people. I would love to be someone the younger years and my peers can look up to and ask for help from. l (maintain an) approachable, non- judgemental, empathetic and fair (attitude). Furthermore (my dedication and reliability is shown in my high attendance, meaning I will always be there when needed).

I am currently in the sixth form school student council and (I am aware that additional assistance for our students would compliment their learning and scholastic attitude). I feel being a prefect would give me an opportunity to help more people more directly (then I would be able to just being on the student council, and it would also synergize with my role within the student council, leading to a brighter future within the school community via community cohesion.)

Yours Sincerely

Changes I made are in brackets, hope you understand, if you have any questions message me or reply on here. Good luck! :smile:

P.S. I would hire you :biggrin:
Prefect is easy to get anyway, it's head boy/girl that is harder

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending