The Student Room Group

Ex recently attempted to re-initiate contact

Just for a bit of historical context. Myself and this particular ex broke up and attempted a friendship after some "buffer time" but that led to a huge fall out which was mainly my fault (the seal of fate was that I threw up on my ex's lawn at a party). After then things were just like before, no contact etc. I asked my ex repeatedly if I had upset them, which I understand really was ****ing annoying now which then led to my ex defriending me on Facebook, and then that being it really.

Fast forward a year later, I'm in a new relationship and am happier than ever, my employment status is stable and I'm content with my studies. My friends have noticed as well that I've stopped grieving so much over my ex, which I'm immensely happy about.

One morning I wake up to see that I have a friend request from my ex. Rather than delete it, I stewed on it for a day at the most just to consider what this could be.

I decided later in the day with the help of my friends to message my ex to ask why they wanted to re-establish contact a year later. However I get no reply.

I know the points are incredibly numerous, but I would like to see what are your opinions on this? Is my ex trying to home wreck? Or is my ex purely trying for a friendly approach?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending