Katiechalire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
can anyone please help me with their predictions of what questions might come up in psychology Alevel AQA 2015 exam? x
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
blackmarshmallow
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Katiechalire)
can anyone please help me with their predictions of what questions might come up in psychology Alevel AQA 2015 exam? x
Hi I know for psya3
Parental Investment won't come up because there was a 24 marker for It last year I think
also the social explanations of aggression won't either ... and for eating disorder neural and hormonal mechanisms came up... so that shudnt come up...
but that's what I remember from the top of my head.... but ill clarify..
blackmarshmallow
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Katiechalire)
Oh I forgot you might not be doing aggression or eating disorders.... but keep an eye out on loopa the website ...he is putting up his predictions
advent
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For aggression, could they ask purely 24 marks on hormonal? Or would it say neural/hormonal?
Farah_786
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by blackmarshmallow)
Hi I know for psya3
Parental Investment won't come up because there was a 24 marker for It last year I think
also the social explanations of aggression won't either ... and for eating disorder neural and hormonal mechanisms came up... so that shudnt come up...
but that's what I remember from the top of my head.... but ill clarify..
Neural and hormonal mechanisms did not come up. There is a big chance that it will come up this year as last year #evolutionary explanations of food preferance' cam up.
Farah_786
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by advent)
For aggression, could they ask purely 24 marks on hormonal? Or would it say neural/hormonal?
They would ask for either.
xtenshiai
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I personally think these will come up (at least I'm hoping)

Sleep-
circadian rhythms
exogenous zeitgebers

Relationships-
breakdown

Aggression-
institutional aggression
neural & hormonal explanation
FreshGarbage
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by xtenshiai)
I personally think these will come up (at least I'm hoping)

Sleep-
circadian rhythms
exogenous zeitgebers

Relationships-
breakdown

Aggression-
institutional aggression
neural & hormonal explanation
Did aggression not have a 4marker on neural and hormonal last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
xtenshiai
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by FreshGarbage)
Did aggression not have a 4marker on neural and hormonal last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah but it's a possibility it could come up as a 12 or 24 marker since it last appeared as a 24 marker in JUN11
Jen51
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aggression- institutional, neural or hormonal
Relationships- child hood experiences, breakdown
Sleep- biological rhythms; possibly out of all three
Good luck everyone x
Jen51
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For aggression i thinks its highly likely that institutional aggression will come up, Sleep i think will be something on biological rhythms, so circadian, infradian or ultradian and for relationships childhood experiences or the breakdown
Looking forward to this exam just being over now!!!!!! Good luck everyone x
alixmacrae
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How did everyone find it?
Sophhhss
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Institutional Aggression was so good (THANK GOD) and Gender was okay but that Bio rhythms part was horrible. I basically improvised for those questions, but at least I wrote something
coconutette
Report 4 years ago
Institutional aggression FTW.
advent
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What's everyone thinking for grade boundaries! I think 40/72 for a B
Wood123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by advent)
What's everyone thinking for grade boundaries! I think 40/72 for a B
Lower than that, probably around 37/38 for a B

Posted from TSR Mobile
freyascotty
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I mentioned for each essay around5 studies, however I don't think I mentioned many Ida's! For sleep I mentioned maybe 3, and gender maybe 1?? Will this significantly drop my grade???
coconutette
Report 4 years ago
I think you only need one IDA for each essay.
freyascotty
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In Sleep I mentioned a lack of hypocretin in narcoleptic patients, then mentioned Moore and Lin et al just to prove this - although I think I may have got these studies mixed up, but cannot remember!
In the evolutionary question I mentioned Webb, Meddis, Rechenshaffen et al, Horne, Allison and Zepelin, the only IDA's mentioned were extrapolation in rechenaffens study, reductionism, and determinism, VERY basic.

In Eating I mentioned Lai et al and Hoek in supporting culture as a psycho explanation in AN.
In the success/failure to dieting I mentioned Herman and Mack, Herman and Polivy, Wardles and Beadles, Wegner, Reddan, and Ogden. Cannot remember if I mentioned IDA's, I think I mentioned reductionism.

In Gender I mentioned Field, Hamilton and Thompson for the medias influence, and then Rovin et al, Bhanot and Fisher. I mentioned reductionism in thinking only social factors influence our gender role thoughts.

How many marks do you think this sounds like?
I'm worried as I was so rushed and panicky that I missed out most IDA's I had prepared for! I got a B last year, and ideally would like a B again this year too (overall) although I think a C is looking more likely :'L Maybe even a D.........................
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (12)
6.67%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (13)
7.22%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (42)
23.33%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (21)
11.67%
No, nothing has changed (63)
35%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (29)
16.11%

Watched Threads