Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    can anyone please help me with their predictions of what questions might come up in psychology Alevel AQA 2015 exam? x
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiechalire)
    can anyone please help me with their predictions of what questions might come up in psychology Alevel AQA 2015 exam? x
    Hi I know for psya3
    Parental Investment won't come up because there was a 24 marker for It last year I think
    also the social explanations of aggression won't either ... and for eating disorder neural and hormonal mechanisms came up... so that shudnt come up...
    but that's what I remember from the top of my head.... but ill clarify..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiechalire)
    Oh I forgot you might not be doing aggression or eating disorders.... but keep an eye out on loopa the website ...he is putting up his predictions

ReputationRep:
    For aggression, could they ask purely 24 marks on hormonal? Or would it say neural/hormonal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackmarshmallow)
    Hi I know for psya3
    Parental Investment won't come up because there was a 24 marker for It last year I think
    also the social explanations of aggression won't either ... and for eating disorder neural and hormonal mechanisms came up... so that shudnt come up...
    but that's what I remember from the top of my head.... but ill clarify..
    Neural and hormonal mechanisms did not come up. There is a big chance that it will come up this year as last year #evolutionary explanations of food preferance' cam up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by advent)
    For aggression, could they ask purely 24 marks on hormonal? Or would it say neural/hormonal?
    They would ask for either.

ReputationRep:
    I personally think these will come up (at least I'm hoping)

Sleep-
    circadian rhythms
    exogenous zeitgebers

Relationships-
    breakdown

Aggression-
    institutional aggression
    neural & hormonal explanation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xtenshiai)
    I personally think these will come up (at least I'm hoping)

Sleep-
    circadian rhythms
    exogenous zeitgebers

Relationships-
    breakdown

Aggression-
    institutional aggression
    neural & hormonal explanation
    Did aggression not have a 4marker on neural and hormonal last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreshGarbage)
    Did aggression not have a 4marker on neural and hormonal last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah but it's a possibility it could come up as a 12 or 24 marker since it last appeared as a 24 marker in JUN11

ReputationRep:
    Aggression- institutional, neural or hormonal
    Relationships- child hood experiences, breakdown
    Sleep- biological rhythms; possibly out of all three
    Good luck everyone x

ReputationRep:
    For aggression i thinks its highly likely that institutional aggression will come up, Sleep i think will be something on biological rhythms, so circadian, infradian or ultradian and for relationships childhood experiences or the breakdown
    Looking forward to this exam just being over now!!!!!! Good luck everyone x

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it?

ReputationRep:
    Institutional Aggression was so good (THANK GOD) and Gender was okay but that Bio rhythms part was horrible. I basically improvised for those questions, but at least I wrote something

Institutional aggression FTW.

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone thinking for grade boundaries! I think 40/72 for a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by advent)
    What's everyone thinking for grade boundaries! I think 40/72 for a B
    Lower than that, probably around 37/38 for a B

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I mentioned for each essay around5 studies, however I don't think I mentioned many Ida's! For sleep I mentioned maybe 3, and gender maybe 1?? Will this significantly drop my grade???

I think you only need one IDA for each essay.

ReputationRep:
    In Sleep I mentioned a lack of hypocretin in narcoleptic patients, then mentioned Moore and Lin et al just to prove this - although I think I may have got these studies mixed up, but cannot remember!
    In the evolutionary question I mentioned Webb, Meddis, Rechenshaffen et al, Horne, Allison and Zepelin, the only IDA's mentioned were extrapolation in rechenaffens study, reductionism, and determinism, VERY basic.

In Eating I mentioned Lai et al and Hoek in supporting culture as a psycho explanation in AN.
    In the success/failure to dieting I mentioned Herman and Mack, Herman and Polivy, Wardles and Beadles, Wegner, Reddan, and Ogden. Cannot remember if I mentioned IDA's, I think I mentioned reductionism.

In Gender I mentioned Field, Hamilton and Thompson for the medias influence, and then Rovin et al, Bhanot and Fisher. I mentioned reductionism in thinking only social factors influence our gender role thoughts.

How many marks do you think this sounds like?
    I'm worried as I was so rushed and panicky that I missed out most IDA's I had prepared for! I got a B last year, and ideally would like a B again this year too (overall) although I think a C is looking more likely :'L Maybe even a D.........................

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 28, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.