The Student Room Group

Diploma Professional Legal Practice (DPLP) 2016 applications! (Scotland)

Hey everyone :smile:

I was thinking it would be a good idea to start a thread about applying to do the Diploma of Professional legal Practice, for entry in 2016! I know applications do not open up until next year, but I thought it was a good idea to start discussions about it now. I have a lot of questions about the process too, and if anyone who has studied, or is studying, the DPLP is able to help then that would be great.
I'm set to get a 2.1 from Aberdeen Uni, in LLB law (Honours), and I'm hoping to get down to Glasgow or Edinburgh to do the DPLP. How competitive are these uni's to get into? What kind of first year grades are they looking for?

good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 1
bump :smile:
Reply 2
I don't know much about what the universities in Glasgow/Edinburgh are looking for but I will also be applying to do the diploma in 2016.

I'm undecided whether to apply to study in Glasgow/Edinburgh or stay in Aberdeen! :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by Sarurrr
I don't know much about what the universities in Glasgow/Edinburgh are looking for but I will also be applying to do the diploma in 2016

About 8 grand.
Reply 4
Original post by Norton1
About 8 grand.

I know how much money they are looking for :giggle:

I meant I don't know what grades they are looking for. The uni I'm away to graduate with for my LLB says that at the moment everyone seems to be getting a place in their choice of uni for the Diploma and not to feel disheartened if you get a 2:2 because there are enough places to comfortably take on those who got a 2:2.

So yes, they probably want your ~8 grand if they're willing to take everyone on :innocent:
Reply 5
Original post by Sarurrr
I know how much money they are looking for :giggle:

I meant I don't know what grades they are looking for. The uni I'm away to graduate with for my LLB says that at the moment everyone seems to be getting a place in their choice of uni for the Diploma and not to feel disheartened if you get a 2:2 because there are enough places to comfortably take on those who got a 2:2.

So yes, they probably want your ~8 grand if they're willing to take everyone on :innocent:

Precisely my point, there's no real quality control at the moment.
Reply 6
Hi there, I saw this discussion and was just wondering if you ever did find out what grades the likes of Glasgow/Edinburgh/Strathclyde would accept? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest