The Student Room Group

Article: Summer job guide for students

This is really good information. You have to remain realistic about your chances of getting a job among a lot of competition and also how much you can earn. Think outside the box and look in avenues your classmates aren't. Look at different articles in unexpected places like on assignment masters who posted an interesting piece about online jobs for students. And look around - a lot.
I have noticed a lot of threads recently asking how to get a job now, and I think the most important piece of advice is get in early! Employers don't want to train you for a few weeks to have you up and leave. You need to secure your jobs in May/June, preferably even earlier, or look into temping.

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the summer holidays, as well as during university time, I worked as a guitar teacher while studying. I know that many other students do some music tuition alongside their studies - there are some great free websites to help you find students like the national music teacher database and often universities will allow students to teach from the Uni music department (as long as students under 18 are accompanied by an adult).

Tutoring of any subject is a great source of income for students; good pay per hour and flexible to fit around your studies :smile: as they say "those who can, teach" haha!
(edited 6 years ago)
Love that article.:love:
Am starting to apply atm, last year didn't get anything but really really need to get one given how much longer uni holidays are than school holidays and how much more expensive uni is :frown: MH will go even more down if i have no purpose over the summer :s-smilie: hope by applying now will get one before they all get snapped up :sigh:
Original post by CoolCavy
Am starting to apply atm, last year didn't get anything but really really need to get one given how much longer uni holidays are than school holidays and how much more expensive uni is :frown: MH will go even more down if i have no purpose over the summer :s-smilie: hope by applying now will get one before they all get snapped up :sigh:
Best of luck.:thumbsup:

Here for you.:hugs:
Great article!
Reply 8
Amazing article!

Love this article but sad that GiGL doesn't get a mention :frown:. I found it really useful to get my job as it was for people who didn't have any experience/ their first job and so it doesn't ask for a CV - you just answer some questions so they can see your personality!! I now work at Leon!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending