The Student Room Group

Stressing Out!

Ive got the M1 Paper in a couple of weeks and am stressing out. Any tips? Cheers
There's an M1 GCSE? :wink: Just keep calm. I found that with M1, as long as you know all of the formulae and keep calm, you can nail it.
Original post by Hinicetomeetyou
There's an M1 GCSE? :wink: Just keep calm. I found that with M1, as long as you know all of the formulae and keep calm, you can nail it.

Thanks so much ahah. I just freaked a bit- I didn't realise how close it is. Im doing it a year early so its my first GCSE exam :frown:
Original post by tryingmybest2015
Thanks so much ahah. I just freaked a bit- I didn't realise how close it is. Im doing it a year early so its my first GCSE exam :frown:

Hey, don't panic about it, that's the worst thing you can do! I mean you can always re-take if you don't get what you want in it, which is a bonus. Use exam solutions it's great for mechanics and all maths modules really. Good luck :smile:
Original post by Hinicetomeetyou
Hey, don't panic about it, that's the worst thing you can do! I mean you can always re-take if you don't get what you want in it, which is a bonus. Use exam solutions it's great for mechanics and all maths modules really. Good luck :smile:

Cheers! :biggrin: Really calmed me down, thanks. Do you recommend doing past papers? My teacher's always pressing us, I've been doing a few. But are they more effective than going through the exercise books?
Reply 5
I recommend you to do couple of past papers and u will be fine. :smile: I'm also doing business,history and English literature this year :frown:
Yeah A-level is extremely different you should definitely give every past paper a go. Nothing like first hand experience of past paper questions, which are often structured very similarly. Textbooks are blah compared to past papers when it comes to math!
The best way to be better at Maths is to practise. Go throught the exercise book , learn and understand concepts and find work sheets online and do them until your confident in the chapter.
StudyMaths.co.uk is a good site for maths revision.
Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest