The Student Room Group

Do sixforms care about art grade?

Hello I had picked art for my gcse worst decision of my life I might get a B I want to be a docotor and study medicine I want to get a scholarship to a private sixform all my target grades are A if I do achieve a in all important subjects will I be ok as I have heard to get a scholarship to a private sixform you need all A/A* any advice I have limited time to exams only 3 weeks and I don't think I will manage to get an A as lots of work is required and I am studying for my religion exam.
They probably won't really care about Art anyway. Medicine does not require art and I doubt they'd remove an entire scholarship based on you not being good at one minor subject.
Reply 2
Original post by Kyou
They probably won't really care about Art anyway. Medicine does not require art and I doubt they'd remove an entire scholarship based on you not being good at one minor subject.

I really hate art I would prefer writing a 5 page essay on religious beliefs and arguements or a history essay rather then do 1 drawing I can't draw to save my life it was the worst decision ever.
Original post by Maria1812
I really hate art I would prefer writing a 5 page essay on religious beliefs and arguements or a history essay rather then do 1 drawing I can't draw to save my life it was the worst decision ever.

The people i know hated art aswell. It was not really how they maybe expected it too be.

Art imo is not important like other subjects(maths, Eng, Science) however it is still a GCSE so, put effort in it and get at least a C in it.

A C in a subject amongs like 6 A's should not hurt.

Edit: At the end of the day all teachers/parents want is for you to try your best-you have the potential like everyone else.
(edited 9 years ago)
only important if you want to take an artistic subject lol. And then it's not even important anyway because serious courses take you based on your portfolio and they'l pull strings if you're a prodigy but your grades are ****.

And everyone at university level knows Alevel art is a really stupid subject lmao.
(edited 9 years ago)
I fairly sure they will care about your poor use of spelling more than anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Tommy1499
I fairly sure they will care about your poor use of spelling more than anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am in a rush so punctuation and spelling is the least of my concerns.

Quick Reply

Latest