viks.
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have three weeks to revise for 3 Science GCSE exams (GCSE...gasp!) and two Religious Studies exams. I am currently all over the place with my grades D grades then C grades then B grades but... a long time ago in year 9 (I am in year 10 now) I used to get A grades every time. So basically that shows that I am capable of doing it. The problem was that because I was getting A grades my teacher put me into a higher class and I could'nt keep up and my grades went down hill from there... But I really want to get those A grades for R.S but HOW?!?!?!
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by viks.)
I have three weeks to revise for 3 Science GCSE exams (GCSE...gasp!) and two Religious Studies exams. I am currently all over the place with my grades D grades then C grades then B grades but... a long time ago in year 9 (I am in year 10 now) I used to get A grades every time. So basically that shows that I am capable of doing it. The problem was that because I was getting A grades my teacher put me into a higher class and I could'nt keep up and my grades went down hill from there... But I really want to get those A grades for R.S but HOW?!?!?!
Heya, I'm going to put this in the Philosophy, religious studies and theology forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=133
orangeee22
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What units are you doing for rs? I did units 5 and 7 last year and got an A*.

Do every past paper you can and read through the entire textbook. For stuff you do badly on in questions or you don't recognise as much, make notes, mind maps,etc. Good luck!
viks.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by orangeee22)
What units are you doing for rs? I did units 5 and 7 last year and got an A*.

Do every past paper you can and read through the entire textbook. For stuff you do badly on in questions or you don't recognise as much, make notes, mind maps,etc. Good luck!
Unit one and unit eight
username1596651
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello, I'm also in Year 10 and doing Edexcel units 1 and 8. I moved schools last years, and I had to re-learn all the material for our mock exam - I just about scrapped an A* at 90%
I would strongly recommend you get this revision guide on Amazon - it really helped me, considering I had no other material to study from.
Also LEARN this mark scheme:
Part A:
- Aiming to check knowledge of key terms
- Key to success is learning definitions of key terms
- Correct answer is 2 marks
Part B:
- Aiming to provoke a clear, reasoned personal perspective
- Key to success is reflecting on issues from your own perspective and making sure you can justify (explain why you think) it
- Your opinion and 2 developed reasons is 4 marks
Part C:
- Aiming to check understanding of content
- Key to success is explaining key ideas from a religious perspective and offering as many points as you can and developing them thoroughly
- Give 4 clearly explained reason for 7-8 marks
Part D:
- Aiming to prove a reasoned personal perspective and awareness of a different point of view
- Key to success is remembering to include a religious perspective
Grades:
A* = 90% = 18 marks
A = 80% = 16 marks
B = 70% = 14 marks
Also as stated above, do past papers! They are very important as they help you to get the technique down and ready for the exam. If possible, answer some questions as best you can and ask your teacher to grade them for you. If (understandably) they are too busy you can try to get a friend to answer them for you.
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (44)
23.04%
Unhappy (54)
28.27%
Conflicted (93)
48.69%

Watched Threads