AQA GCSE Chemistry unit 2 & 3 (Higher tier) Thurs 14th May JUNE 2015 *OFFICIAL*

Watch
Turtlebunny
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
All of you who are doing either aditional science (C2) or triple science (C2 & C3) with AQA will have this exam on the 14th of May, for this June 2015 examination series.

Therefore, I have started this thread so we can all discuss before, and after the exam, anything you like...
What are your predictions for six markers?
How much revision have you done?
Weakest or strongest topics?

Good luck to all, please discuss anything for these exams here! We can all help each other.
AmyRevises
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
thank you for this thread today I'm revising C2 and tomorrow C3 so if I come across any potential 6 markers I'll share them here. I hope a lot of people use this thread so we can help each other understand different bits for the exams.

Just out of interest which section are other triple scientists finding more difficult C2 or C3? I definately find C2 more difficult and so do a lot of my classmates but my teachers insist C3 is harder so we no longer revise C2 in class which is pretty annoying.
Chesneyfbtdcb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah I completely agree, C3 I found more interesting and therefore a lot easier. C2 IS DEFINITLY HARDEST! Stuff about structure of things and explaining why metals conduct electricity I'm bad at, could be the six marker as well :-\

Yeah did bio today and B2 was harder then unit 3 so I think it's the same for anything. Revising chemistry now, any tips? I need predictions as well!? :-)
AmyRevises
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Chesneyfbtdcb)
C2 IS DEFINITLY HARDEST! Stuff about structure of things and explaining why metals conduct electricity I'm bad at, could be the six marker as well :-\

Yeah did bio today and B2 was harder then unit 3 so I think it's the same for anything. Revising chemistry now, any tips? I need predictions as well!? :-)
Honestly have no clue what the 6 marker will be- i did my biology in yr 10 and the 6 markers were wierd and from what I've heard they weren't exactly "traditional" today- something about a transect?

For tips I would suggest learn the flame tests and ion tests (which I only learnt yesterday because I didn't realise they were important so I just forced myself to learn them yesterday)

For metal structure the points are:
*Metals form a giant structure of atoms which arrange in layers
*The layers can slide over each other making metals easily bend/ shaped
*Outer shell electrons from each atom delocalised & move throughout structure (can carry electric current/ conduct heat making metals good conductors)
*Sea of positive metal ions surrounded by delocalised negative electrons held together by strong electrostatic forces of attraction between opposite charges

The bit I'm struggling with is water- do you know how you're meant to define scum? Because I'd just say it's what is formed when hard water reacts with soap but it doesn't seem like a very C3-ish definition :/
abbiemallett
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What do you think the 6 marker will be for unit 2?
CORINNALENG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I reckon chemistry will be something about ammonia? Because 2014 was about energy burning and ammonia hasn't come up yet (I think?).
Yeah so ammonia or possibly water?
maxjackson5
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Considering how much maths was in the biology exam today, it is likely that there will be a few calculation questions, i.e percentage mass calculations, percentage yields and empirical formulae.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (61)
29.47%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.25%
No I am happy with my choice (115)
55.56%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
7.73%

Watched Threads